Reload this Page >

cost of beer & wine

Wikiposts

cost of beer & wine

Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana
Sunny_samantha - a cask is what we know as a wine box, in various sizes.

Welshboybilly - Not sure about 1664, , but you can get Stella. I quite like Hahns & Tooheys, but the best of all is my beloved Cascade Premium - 2 precious bottles lurking in my (now) nice clean fridge, waiting to be drunk on the last night. Loooovely taste, even puts 1664/Stella in the shade. You'll like it, trust me!
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Sunny_samantha - a cask is what we know as a wine box, in various sizes.

Welshboybilly - Not sure about 1664, , but you can get Stella. I quite like Hahns & Tooheys, but the best of all is my beloved Cascade Premium - 2 precious bottles lurking in my (now) nice clean fridge, waiting to be drunk on the last night. Loooovely taste, even puts 1664/Stella in the shade. You'll like it, trust me!
Not quite sure what happened then but my message disappeared into cyber space!

Thanks for the info...can't wait to be drinking Australian wine in Australia rather than doing what I'm doing now which is drinking Australian wine in the UK.

Is cascade premium available in the UK then as my husband wants to try it? What percentage is it?

Good luck with your move - its getting close!

Susan, Rod and baby Callum

Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Susan,
No, can't get it here - its brewed in Hobart, and they've only recently started selling it on the mainland, maybe it'll get to the UK one day, but by then we'll hopefully all be in Oz! I always come back with a stock of bottles, and when the Bloke came over this summer he had instructions to bring some then as well! Last 2 bottles on ice for my last night :scared:
Its 5.2% by the way; they do a Premium Light as well - tastes almost as good, and I think thats about 3%.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi Susan,
No, can't get it here - its brewed in Hobart, and they've only recently started selling it on the mainland, maybe it'll get to the UK one day, but by then we'll hopefully all be in Oz! I always come back with a stock of bottles, and when the Bloke came over this summer he had instructions to bring some then as well! Last 2 bottles on ice for my last night :scared:
Its 5.2% by the way; they do a Premium Light as well - tastes almost as good, and I think thats about 3%.
"sound good. Respect and all that. It's the same as stella" says husband!
I'm still more interested in the chardonnay and shiraz!
Susan