Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cost of 1 way tickets?

cost of 1 way tickets?

Old Nov 26th 2003, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cost of 1 way tickets?

Can anyone tell me how much your saving by buying 1way tickets? is there much cost difference from a return ticket?

Also , for the people who are going soon.. how much did your flight cost you and did it include stopover etc.. I plan to go to Brisbane this time next year so would be great to see how much people are spending on flights. Thanks.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 9:03 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: cost of 1 way tickets?

Originally posted by itsasecret
Can anyone tell me how much your saving by buying 1way tickets? is there much cost difference from a return ticket?

Also , for the people who are going soon.. how much did your flight cost you and did it include stopover etc.. I plan to go to Brisbane this time next year so would be great to see how much people are spending on flights. Thanks.
Hi, I paid £1,500 for 2 adults and 3 children to Brisbane one way next April. I am going with Singapore and booked direct because it is as cheap as going through an agent, I can alter the dates when I want with no added fees or penalties and I can stop off if I want too. They are very good and from listening to everyone else are highly recommended.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hi

Just paid approx £750 x 2 (plus £80 for an infant) including all taxes for return flights to Sydney next March with Singapore. Booked with Ebookers who were the same price as Singapore's own website.

No idea whether one way is much different. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 12:16 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew with Cathay Pacific earlier in the year and decided to go with them again when we leave in Feb. London to Sydney £389 + taxes per person (one way only). Contact number for ticket info/booking is 0208 8348888
Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:00 pm
WBB

we have looked in to this and one way flights cost more at certain times than returns!!!!!

but i think you need a single to get the migrant baggage allowance.

swings and roundabouts.

Old Nov 26th 2003, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
We have just paid £380 per adult £245 child one way to brisbane in feb. The return price for the same flight was £680. We also booked direct with Singapore as they matched the cheapest flights we found elsewhere.

mcmercer
Old Nov 26th 2003, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
We have just paid £380 per adult £245 child one way to brisbane in feb. The return price for the same flight was £680. We also booked direct with Singapore as they matched the cheapest flights we found elsewhere.

mcmercer
Old Nov 26th 2003, 11:34 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of 1 way tickets?

Originally posted by itsasecret

Fly before 10 December, this is when most of the airlines put their flights up for Crimbo
Old Nov 26th 2003, 11:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Main routes to Oz are via Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and LA.

Singapore airlines are highly rate closely followed by Cathay. Singapore and HK are the easiest stop overs because of the good public transport. Singapore is cheaper but HK has more to do. Bangkok is very cheap but the traffic is out of the world and the airport taxi can be a roller coaster ride. I also found bangkok the most rewarding SE Asian destination.

There are a few other possibilities and it all depends on how adventous you are.

I would love to go via Borneo again but Royal Brunei is a bit rough but dirt cheap.

I went via Japan (on JAL)last time which was fantastic but the connections are not that great for a straight through flight.

The main advantage of going via the US is a 64kg baggage allowance.