Corry orry

Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Corry orry

One thing that I don't think I'll be able to live without when I get out there is Coronation Street. I know I'm sad, but I've been brought up on it and it really is part of the family. In fact no other person in family gets to see me quite so often; every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, it really is quite a ritual.
So, to those lucky buggars living the dream out there, will I get to see my good old friend or shall have to slowly ween myself off it now?
Tazzy
Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoke to my Mum on ICQ the other day and she filled me in with what had happened in the soaps, took about 5 minutes, dont feel as though I missed anything. !!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

So, I guess its not on T.V. then?

Oh well, looks like its cold turkey for me.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:35 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

it's much bigger in NZ than in Aust I think. It's a little bit behind in NZ, but still on free to air TV in the evenings at 7.30pm
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:47 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

God this is embarassing, but I watch a lot of Corror Horror too.
In mitigation, its not my fault...its all down to my Mother.

When I was a kid, come half-seven (which was bedtime really) I had a choice...watch Corrie, or go to bed. I chose the former, and got brainwashed...end of.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Corrie is the only soap I watch,, I will miss it ,

BooBoo
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:50 pm
WBB

this is a very sad thread

Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Taff but I'm with Chippy on this one ,it more or less guaranteed you got extra supper anything to keep you quiet ,it just seems to have stayed with me all these years.To answer your question Tazz we used to watch it as kids in Australia pre1971 it was about 2 years behind then
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I have ( at some time or other in my sad existance ) watched them all:

Eastenders,
Coronation Street ( ditto the parent thing ),
Brookside ( Allright, Allright, Calm Downnnn ),
Eldorado ( Don't tell me I'm the only one, PLEASE ),
Family affairs,
Sons and Daughters,
Cell Block H ( just call me B ),
Neighbours ( everybody needs good neighbours ),
Home and away,
The list is long and distinguished.

Gave them all up a couple of years ago - way too depressing and WAY too time consuming.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Chris, although I don't know if I can wait two years to catch up.

Taff if you think this thread is sad, try again with the so called jokes, now they are SAD boyo.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:06 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by steandleigh
I have ( at some time or other in my sad existance ) watched them all:

Eastenders,
Coronation Street ( ditto the parent thing ),
Brookside ( Allright, Allright, Calm Downnnn ),
Eldorado ( Don't tell me I'm the only one, PLEASE ),
Family affairs,
Sons and Daughters,
Cell Block H ( just call me B ),
Neighbours ( everybody needs good neighbours ),
Home and away,
The list is long and distinguished.

Gave them all up a couple of years ago - way too depressing and WAY too time consuming.

Its Holby City Im gonna miss!! And Sex in the City. Does OZ get that? Please say yeS PLEEAASSEE!!!!.....
Old Sep 27th 2003, 4:55 am
Carol in Oz

Originally posted by teresa.c
Its Holby City Im gonna miss!! And Sex in the City. Does OZ get that? Please say yeS PLEEAASSEE!!!!.....

Never heard of Holby City but we get or got Sex in the City. Do we need to get a life or what!!!
The Bill is on Sat nights and just watching tonight Down to Earth - Brian has just died in the last episode. Have to say that NO ONE makes em like the Brits!!

Old Sep 27th 2003, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future

Hi Tazzy,

Don't worry! if you get 'Foxtel' (satellite or cable) they have a UK.TV channel.

It has Coronation Street, EastEnders,Holby City,Family Affairs.Don't know how far behind they are though!

We don't get Brookside though ( took me a while to get over that!). Foxtel is quite cheap (about $50 for a basic monthly package).

Sex in the city is on Channel 9 and you get a lot of UK programmes on the ABC which are both "free to air".

I missed Emmerdale Farm (how sad is that?) but was excited to find that they have 1980's episodes of "Take the Highroad" on on ABC every afternoon.( Don't know if they show it south of the Scottish border-don't worry you haven't missed anything).Gives my Ozzy husband something to laugh at.

Hope this is of some comfort,
Mary
Old Sep 27th 2003, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We watch Corrie and Eastenders my Son is an addict as well so I suppose it is all our fault!!
Old Sep 27th 2003, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mary1
Hi Tazzy,

Don't worry! if you get 'Foxtel' (satellite or cable) they have a UK.TV channel.

It has Coronation Street, EastEnders,Holby City,Family Affairs.Don't know how far behind they are though!

We don't get Brookside though ( took me a while to get over that!). Foxtel is quite cheap (about $50 for a basic monthly package).

Sex in the city is on Channel 9 and you get a lot of UK programmes on the ABC which are both "free to air".

I missed Emmerdale Farm (how sad is that?) but was excited to find that they have 1980's episodes of "Take the Highroad" on on ABC every afternoon.( Don't know if they show it south of the Scottish border-don't worry you haven't missed anything).Gives my Ozzy husband something to laugh at.

Hope this is of some comfort,
Mary

Thanks Mary, I'm purrrrrring with delight!!
Tazzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.