British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Is this correct???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/correct-187934/)

brummie bird Nov 1st 2003 8:57 am

Is this correct????

Hi All,

I hope i am right in thinking that if you submit a visa and you have all the points, police clearance and meds ok. That there is no other reason you would not be granted a visa. I have read some threads where people say they have submitted their application, and seem in some doubt about wheather it will be accepted or not. Im not missing anything am i:confused:

Angie x

johanne Nov 1st 2003 9:14 am

Re: Is this correct????

Originally posted by brummie bird
Hi All,

I hope i am right in thinking that if you submit a visa and you have all the points, police clearance and meds ok. That there is no other reason you would not be granted a visa. I have read some threads where people say they have submitted their application, and seem in some doubt about wheather it will be accepted or not. Im not missing anything am i:confused:

Angie x
Hi angie
there may be no reason, even if you get medicals and police clearance you can still be refused entry to Australia...dont ask me how this works but it says so on your forms when you apply not much help with this one but good luck anyway
:)

Bed Of Roses Nov 1st 2003 9:23 am

Hi All,

Angie x
Youll be all ok if you got points and no skelibones in cupboards, read all the forms very carefuly and fill out in your best wrtgni !!
If your a nurse or simular youll be ther in no time.

Good Luck.

Larissa Nov 1st 2003 12:12 pm

Hi Angie
I someimes worry that we won't get the visa as they might change the points etc. you never know!
Larissa

markeh Nov 1st 2003 1:49 pm

Hi brummie bird,

It's just the waiting that is the worst bit, unless your profession is in need of you in Oz.
Anotherway to get a "quick" answer is to go state sponsored.

By the way, "quick" isn't your or my quick but government quick.
It still takes a while but not 50 weeks.

Bye
Markeh

sky Nov 1st 2003 1:50 pm

we thought our application was done and dusted and that we had enough points so submitted but then nzis requested more evidence for hubbys work history

renth Nov 2nd 2003 9:08 am

Hi All,

Angie x
I think you should be OK apart from if you have a MODL occupation, which is removed from MODL before they process your application , or they raise the points, because these 2 events apply at the time of assessment, not the time of application.

Someone might like to corect me if I'm wrong on this.

brummie bird Nov 2nd 2003 12:22 pm

Oh my GOD!!!!!!

I thought it went from the date your application was received, i was told this was the case with age, my hubby has turned 40 since the acknowlegment. So if the points change we would not get in :scared:

I realy realy hope this is not the case.

Does anyone know for absolute certain:confused:

Angie

dazzac Nov 2nd 2003 1:26 pm

That is correct I am afraid. If something changes during the time of your assessment , points required etc then there is a possibility that your application may fail.
I have been through something similar this year.
We were doing the skilled application but they changed length of experience required to be deemed experienced!!??, after we had submitted the application. If we had left our application going it would have failed , and you cannot re-apply under the same type.
We had to cancel that application and re-apply (luckily we are sponsored)
There is always the gov bond for 15 points , about £30000 tied up for a year. Bit of a pain though.

I must admit I used an agency . If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be going. £1500 well spent . That doesn't include two applications either.

Goodluck though, you may be OK. Perhaps nothing will change.

A lot of the agencys give free advice why not call one and see what they think.

Larissa Nov 2nd 2003 2:52 pm

Oh my GOD!!!!!!

I thought it went from the date your application was received, i was told this was the case with age, my hubby has turned 40 since the acknowlegment. So if the points change we would not get in :scared:

I realy realy hope this is not the case.

Angie
I could be wrong, but I thought that age was that at application, not assessment. I think that the points levels can change etc. though.
Larissa
Hope I'm right - hubby turns 30 in 2 weeks!!!
:scared:

dazzac Nov 2nd 2003 3:10 pm

Hi All,

Angie x
Yes, birthday is fine they do accept your date of submission - my agent says they go by the date it was posted.
I was orginally trying to put my first application in before my 35th, as after that I would have had 5 points less than required. So i know what your talking about

So don't panic!!

Sorry if my response seemed negative.

Badge Nov 2nd 2003 6:32 pm

yes this is interesting - that if you meet the target - you're 'in' - time notwithstanding.

I was early on wondering if meds and pol requests meant you were in - all things being equal - I though it meant you were through to another round wheere they scrunitised you more closely. It seemed now that you are in then.

At the end of the day there is a quota system in operation and maybe a few people get turned down every year - or go in to next year's allocation.

I know that there are so many working holiday visa apps, and in theory migration quotas in different categories are fixed by the minister every year.