Reload this Page >

copper wanting Oz!!!

copper wanting Oz!!!

Old May 10th 2005, 1:55 am
Just Joined

cotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default copper wanting Oz!!!

Hello

I'm new to this forum but have read many threads.

I'm a "probationer" Copper with 18 months experience (5 years Military Police before that) desperately wanting to work and live in Oz.

I know that a police "trade" scores NIL and I could not apply for the SA Police Recruitment Drive early last year due to not having 3 years Civvy Police experience. (Well done and congratulations to all that were successfull!!!)

I'm wondering if anyone knows any other Police Force in other states in Oz will be carrying out the same type of Police Recruitment drive as South Australia in the near future.

I do not have any other Trades or qualifications to get to Oz and would like to carry on the job I love in Oz.

Your comments would be appreciated, Thanks.
Old May 10th 2005, 6:49 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: copper wanting Oz!!!

Originally Posted by cotty
Hello

I'm new to this forum but have read many threads.

I'm a "probationer" Copper with 18 months experience (5 years Military Police before that) desperately wanting to work and live in Oz.

I know that a police "trade" scores NIL and I could not apply for the SA Police Recruitment Drive early last year due to not having 3 years Civvy Police experience. (Well done and congratulations to all that were successfull!!!)

I'm wondering if anyone knows any other Police Force in other states in Oz will be carrying out the same type of Police Recruitment drive as South Australia in the near future.

I do not have any other Trades or qualifications to get to Oz and would like to carry on the job I love in Oz.

Your comments would be appreciated, Thanks.
I did a search in Google for someone else (I think it was Rob Morton-Jone actually) for police forces in Oz and it comes up straight away. Its quite easy to fine out information on the different areas to about recruitment.

I will try and find the old thread!

R.
Old May 10th 2005, 6:53 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: copper wanting Oz!!!

Just found the old thread...

Oz Police Thread

Hope this helps,

R.
Old May 10th 2005, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: copper wanting Oz!!!

I'm not 100 pct sure of my facts on this one, However you could try Prison officer, They are always looking for those, and pays possibly more than the average cop wage.
Old May 10th 2005, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Carruss
Just found the old thread...

Oz Police Thread

Hope this helps,

R.

Thanks for that. I will keep an eye on these sites.
Old May 10th 2005, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=cotty]Hello

It was in the Western Australia newspaper the other week that the West Australian Police Service are in the near future going to start a recruitment drive in the UK in the near future. You can contact them via the net for more info and hopefully ge your name in first.
Hope this helps.

Regard

Terry
Old May 10th 2005, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=hutchy]
Originally Posted by cotty
Hello

It was in the Western Australia newspaper the other week that the West Australian Police Service are in the near future going to start a recruitment drive in the UK in the near future. You can contact them via the net for more info and hopefully ge your name in first.
Hope this helps.

Regard

Terry
Thanks Terry. This sounds promising. I will contact them for more info.
Old May 10th 2005, 4:12 pm
Oxygen Pig

TRIMIX will become famous soon enoughTRIMIX will become famous soon enough

Sa police force had a glut of applications when they first recruited from the uk, some applications that could not make the move for the start I think was in March have been put on hold ready for and if the the next drive, if you take a look at the SA website they state this and say they may look in to recruiting again in the future. If you wish to apply at the moment you have to travel to the SA headquarters to do any recruitment tests if you wish to apply to the uk. According to the newspaper the Australian they are really under manned anyway. A bit like the uk procons being teamed with procons, responding to jobs as a single unit, and the usually that you meet in your everyday job.
Old May 20th 2005, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TRIMIX
Sa police force had a glut of applications when they first recruited from the uk, some applications that could not make the move for the start I think was in March have been put on hold ready for and if the the next drive, if you take a look at the SA website they state this and say they may look in to recruiting again in the future. If you wish to apply at the moment you have to travel to the SA headquarters to do any recruitment tests if you wish to apply to the uk. According to the newspaper the Australian they are really under manned anyway. A bit like the uk procons being teamed with procons, responding to jobs as a single unit, and the usually that you meet in your everyday job.
Thanks for the reply mate.

Good luck for you and the family in Adelaide - It's a fantastic place!!!!