Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coomercial Mortgage Aus

Coomercial Mortgage Aus

Old May 29th 2003, 8:58 pm
Badge

Default Coomercial Mortgage Aus

Hi

As I have insufficient money to buy a house outright I am looking to putting down a hefty lump sum on a 3 bed villa or town house.

As I plan to get around a bit my first few years, I want to rent it out moreorless from the outset.

As I have no job in Aus, and no credit history there, presumably I would have to get some sort of buy to let type mortgage with a higer interest rate and higher deposit. what sort of deposit do commerical mortgages require in Australia?

I could probably afford up to about 75,000 dollars. (say perhaps as much as a 30pc deposit on a 225,000 dollar villa. This is the price of homes near where my cousin lives.

badgers

Old May 29th 2003, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

If you do what you suggest, you blow your chance of the $7,000 First Home Owners Grant, as you are only eligable for the first house you purchase in Oz, and you must live in it for the first 12 months.

So do you want to give up your chance of $7,000.