British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Coomera Springs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/coomera-springs-488277/)

noofie Oct 19th 2007 12:16 pm

Coomera Springs

Hi,

Any ex pats out there living in or thinking of moving to the Coomera springs area.

I would especially like to hear from anyone with teenage sons - I have three boys age 17, 14 and 12.

Jackie

lyndhurst Oct 19th 2007 2:57 pm

Re: Coomera Springs

Originally Posted by noofie (Post 5443626)
Hi,

Any ex pats out there living in or thinking of moving to the Coomera springs area.

I would especially like to hear from anyone with teenage sons - I have three boys age 17, 14 and 12.

Jackie

Hi Jackie

we liked the sound of upper coomera and coomera waters we have 2 children aged 15 and 4 (girl and Boy) but will not be out there till 2009,

i too would be looking for a job as a midwife (as i saw on you other post) so i will be watching with intrest for any infomation too.

cheryl:thumbsup:

TrickyTrev Oct 19th 2007 5:23 pm

Hi Noofie

We are thinking of going back again and Coomera Springs is a definite maybe. We looked around this area when we last went and liked it a lot. Loads of new building planned.

We will have two boys (14 and 11) and one girl (16 in Jan) in tow. Eldest boy (17 and a half) wants to stay in UK which is the BIG thing stoppping us from being there now.

When are you thinking of going??

Trev

gotahavit Oct 20th 2007 6:07 am

Originally Posted by TrickyTrev (Post 5444610)
Hi Noofie

We are thinking of going back again and Coomera Springs is a definite maybe. We looked around this area when we last went and liked it a lot. Loads of new building planned.

We will have two boys (14 and 11) and one girl (16 in Jan) in tow. Eldest boy (17 and a half) wants to stay in UK which is the BIG thing stoppping us from being there now.

When are you thinking of going??

Trev

hi jackie we live on sommerton ridge which is right beside coomera springs i have done a lot of work there as a carpenter so if you need any info regarding the area let me know , when are you planning on arriving?

noofie Oct 20th 2007 10:17 am

Hopefully will arrive August 2008 - well thats the plan anyway.

Have an interview with Queensland Health next Saturday so fingers crossed for that. Then it's just persuading the 17 year old that it is a good idea!!!!

rabsody Oct 20th 2007 11:30 am

Just been there today to visit rellies. Great houses and so on and the development is going up at a rate of knots - new shops, houses, schools etc. Would maybe be a bit concerned about teenagers who can't drive because it seems to be a bit far away from everything and public transport on these estates isn't usually that flash (might be wrong). You might find yourself doing a lot of taxi-ing!

grossenbol Oct 20th 2007 12:05 pm

Hi,
We have just purchased a piece of land in Coomera Springs, 805m2 cost $211,000. A steal, plots in this development all sold out and new phase starting in March 2008, Have heard they are starting at $240,000. After they are sold the next development starts October 2008 and god knows what price these will be. Woolworths opens next month and new school gets started very soon so completion shouldn't be that long, a new high school is also planned for the area. They have enough building and so on to last for 3 years. There is a go karting track right beside Coomera Springs which we were concerned about as it is quite noisy, but that is getting demolished.
House prices are rocketing there too, we have been told that as soon as our house is completed we could sell it immediately and make $100,000 on it.
We have 2 kids, a boy 9 and a girl 6. We currently stay in Ormeau which we love but the land was way out of our budget, kids go to Ormeau school and have thrived so much, my son has struggled since day 1 in Scotland at school, always in bottom table at school but the tuition he has had here has been unbelievable, his teacher is terrific and has had the patience of a saint. If he was to go back to his old school he would be top of his class no doubt, that how confident we are about Ormeau school, so although they are building a new school, Ormeau is only 10 mins along the road and he will be staying there, sorry if i have went off track a bit, but goodluck in whatever u do.
Fiona x :thumbsup:

brasso Dec 17th 2007 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by gotahavit (Post 5446222)
hi jackie we live on sommerton ridge which is right beside coomera springs i have done a lot of work there as a carpenter so if you need any info regarding the area let me know , when are you planning on arriving?

Hi.. I read your thread and wondered whether you would recommend Coomera Waters... I live on the Sunshine Coast and have done so for the last 3 years but circumstances dictate that we move further south... like the sound of it and have all their brochures... hubbie is a spark.. I take it there is plenty of work in the area.. he has all his licences and contractors licence.. i note there a few schools too... we both like the night life, and i take it that isnt far away too... any good or bad feedback would be good... thanks in advance... Maggie .....oh yes is coomera waters and springs on the same estate?

moneypenny20 Dec 18th 2007 2:19 am

Originally Posted by grossenbol (Post 5447043)
There is a go karting track right beside Coomera Springs which we were concerned about as it is quite noisy, but that is getting demolished.

:ohmy: What do you mean it's getting demolished? Why? Hells teeth that's a really popular place. Have they found a new site for it?

grossenbol Dec 19th 2007 10:02 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5679085)
:ohmy: What do you mean it's getting demolished? Why? Hells teeth that's a really popular place. Have they found a new site for it?

Don't quote me on this but apparently it could be moving to near where the Strawberry Farm is in between Ormeau and Pimpama :)

Scrawni 2 Dec 19th 2007 12:57 pm

We are/might be heading North Gold Coast are in January with a 13 year old son and a 21 year old daughter. We must keep in touch and get the kids a social network going :thumbup: (Oh and one for ourselves too).

Mandy

abilou Feb 6th 2008 11:29 am

Originally Posted by noofie (Post 5443626)
Hi,

Jackie

hey,
we live in pimpama which is right next to coomera springs, its really nice and like people have said its all growing so quick
i have a brother whos 12 and im 17 , the brothers at ucsc and he really likes it though everyone seems to say bad stuff about it !
buses arent that great but its close enough to the train station, which i use everyday. definately a nice place to live :)