Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cooling sea breeze

cooling sea breeze

Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default cooling sea breeze

A lot has been mentioned on the cooling sea breeze and the benefit of such a breeze whilst living in the costal areas such as Sandgate and Redlands/Bayside areas.

What I want to know, and Im sure a lot of other would be brisbanites (is that right or are you a brisbaner?), is how far inland does that breeze go, at which point (suburb) does the higher temperatures kick in?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:37 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cooling sea breeze

Originally Posted by manxfamily
A lot has been mentioned on the cooling sea breeze and the benefit of such a breeze whilst living in the costal areas such as Sandgate and Redlands/Bayside areas.

What I want to know, and Im sure a lot of other would be brisbanites (is that right or are you a brisbaner?), is how far inland does that breeze go, at which point (suburb) does the higher temperatures kick in?

not sure about bris but i live on the nort east coast and theres a noticable difference after about 1/2 a mile inland in the summer there was a 6 degree differnce most days just 2 miles in
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:44 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily

Don't know about the East but in Perth we have the Fremantle Doctor, an afternoon sea breeze that cools you down on the beach, hence the Doctor
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

I live 10kms from the CBD and about 40kms from the coast, I quite often get breezes through but if it's still I just switch on a fan and Viola Instant sea breeze.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:52 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally Posted by kelli28
not sure about bris but i live on the nort east coast and theres a noticable difference after about 1/2 a mile inland in the summer there was a 6 degree differnce most days just 2 miles in
Same here. 23c in Goolwa next to the beach the day before yesterday, and 30c at our property on Hindmarsh Island, 10 mins away.

The biggest temp difference I've experienced here in Aus was a drop from 47c up in Adelaide to 22c in Goolwa. They're an hour drive apart.