Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cool Britannia:New Radio Show

Cool Britannia:New Radio Show

Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:10 am
Just Joined

joelabs is a jewel in the roughjoelabs is a jewel in the roughjoelabs is a jewel in the roughjoelabs is a jewel in the rough
Default Cool Britannia:New Radio Show

Hello Everyone

Don't ask me how, but I've been commisioned my own Radio Show on Radio Port Philip 98.7 fm
The 1st show will air on Easter Monday at Midday. We will be playing the Best of British music from 1960's to present day.
If, like me, you have missed our wonderful music and don't want to listen to Meatloaf, Farnham et al, give my show a listen and let me know what you think.
A little taster of what you'll hear is The Jam, Stone Roses, Small Faces, Specials and Bowie to name a few.
You can listen online at www.rppfm.com.au
Also join my Facebook group ''Cool Britannia'' and you can give me some suggestions to what you would like to hear, you never know I might just play them.
Look forward to some positive feedback

JoeLabs
Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:56 am
Just Joined

joelabs is a jewel in the roughjoelabs is a jewel in the roughjoelabs is a jewel in the roughjoelabs is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cool Britannia:New Radio Show

Hello everyone. I've completed the playlist for Monday's show which will now be 2 hours long due to the station being most kind! We will have 3 tracks from a classic album from The Jam, music from The Verve, The Who, Doves, Elbow, The Smiths and The Specials, to name but a few. The show will now start at 11.00am and finish at 1.00pm Aussie time.

RPP Radio 98.7fm- Mornington Peninsula & Frankston Local News, Events and Weather
rppfm.com.au
Local Radio with Local Peninsula News & Events. Latest sports scores, weather and events.

JoeLabs
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Playlist for today's show
1. The Verve ''Bittersweet symphony''
2. The Jam ''A Bomb in Wardour Street''
3. Small Faces ''Tin soldier''
4. The Las ''There she goes''
5. Oasis ''Half the world away''
6. The Smiths ''Please please please let me get what I want''
7. The Specials ''A message to you Rudi''
8. The Cure ''Boys don't cry''
9. Doves ''There goes the fear''
10. John Lennon ''Instant Karma''
11. Joy Division ''Love will tear us apart''
12. Radiohead ''Bones''
13. Fionn Regan ''Dogwood blossom''
14. The Jam ''English rose''
15. Stiff Little Fingers ''At the edge''
16. The Clash ''White man in Hammersmith palais''
17. The Waterboys ''Fisherman's blues''
18. The Who ''5:15''
19. The Stranglers ''Get a grip on yourself''
20. XTC ''Senses working overtime''
21. Talk Talk ''It's my life''
22. Elbow ''On a day like this''
23. David Bowie ''Heroes''
24. Manic Street Preachers ''Your love alone is not enough''
25. The Jam ''Down in the tubestation at midnight''
26. Belle & Sebastian ''Instrumental fade out''
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

What about some hip hop? maybe some Roots Manuva.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Where's One Direction?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:59 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

That play list is very 'Male' there are some great British female artists too!!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

A great playlist that
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alipally
That play list is very 'Male' there are some great British female artists too!!
It is actually isn't it.

Well I'd suggest some Elastica, Sleeper, Echobelly, Lush, Garbage, St Etienne, Skunk Anansie. Just from the 90's.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:21 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steen1976
It is actually isn't it.

Well I'd suggest some Elastica, Sleeper, Echobelly, Lush, Garbage, St Etienne, Skunk Anansie. Just from the 90's.
'Britpop'tasic
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeadVim
'Britpop'tasic
I think I'm eternally 'Tied to the 90's'