Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

convicted criminals

convicted criminals

Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:42 pm
WBB

Default convicted criminals

as i am the resident wrong do-er and worrying that my past sins may put a spanner in the works, i was wondering what kind of things you may know others (or yourself) have done and still got a visa.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:56 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: convicted criminals

Stay positive !
you'll be ok ....
Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

A guy got done for armed trespass. The "armed" aspect was 0.22 air rifle and the trespass was on a titled estate hunting rabbits.

I believe there were others some time in the past but the police check came back clean.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:16 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by WBB
as i am the resident wrong do-er and worrying that my past sins may put a spanner in the works, i was wondering what kind of things you may know others (or yourself) have done and still got a visa.
I wouldnt mind knowing this to...it is the ONLY thing bothering me..that they can say no on...
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Don't worry so much !!

They would have thrown your application back at you straight away as you front loaded with crim record for them to see.

The fact that they have then asked you for further information (not crim record related was it?), surely means they are not fussed by it.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:23 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by WBB
Well, *I* voted for Maggie Thatcher (just the once, mind) & they gave *me* a visa.... :scared:

(Blimey, just look at all those hate PMs piling up )

WBB, given the UK Police's failure to grasp what record keeping is actually permitted under the Data Protection Act (as demonstrated all too tragically in the Soham case), I feel quite sure that *whatever* you've done, it was deleted from the database years ago (if it was ever entered in the first place).

Hey, look on the bright side, this could be the one time when police incompetence works *for* you...

Anya.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:29 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
Dont about the past mate, so long as it wasnt too bad.

Jack

PS I would worry about the crimes to humanity you are committing on here though
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:38 pm
WBB

all my crimes were commited in my teenage years and i am now fast approaching 31, the crimes were all on the police check that i got back and i declared them on my application.

what i am worried about is that i have a substantial crim record and could get the old refusal under section 501.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:43 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
all my crimes were commited in my teenage years and i am now fast approaching 31, the crimes were all on the police check that i got back and i declared them on my application.

what i am worried about is that i have a substantial crim record and could get the old refusal under section 501.

Did you do any time?

Was it that bad/many?

If it was that long ago and you've proved to be a model citizen since, then I cant see that much of a problem.

Jack
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:49 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Did you do any time?

Was it that bad/many?

If it was that long ago and you've proved to be a model citizen since, then I cant see that much of a problem.

Jack
i did 60 days in colchester military nick and have 3 convictions.

i have not reoffended since my last conviction in 1993 and there were mitigating circumstances to all 3 of my crimes, this visa thing is obviously being dragged out due to my character issues, i know no news is good news but i am human and do worry about these things.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:53 pm
Banned

Originally posted by WBB
i did 60 days in colchester military nick and have 3 convictions.

i have not reoffended since my last conviction in 1993 and there were mitigating circumstances to all 3 of my crimes, this visa thing is obviously being dragged out due to my character issues, i know no news is good news but i am human and do worry about these things.

Does Colchester show on your record?

If I remember right what you got nicked for isnt a crimminal offence but a military one.

The 3 others how bad? (PM me if you want)

Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:14 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Does Colchester show on your record?

If I remember right what you got nicked for isnt a crimminal offence but a military one.

The 3 others how bad? (PM me if you want)

it's all there mate, as i am ex military and had a discharge for misconduct i had to apply to CCRIO RMP for a military conduct certificate.

i was discharged from the army after a test came back positive for cannabis, i also have a car theft conviction and a burglary (non dwelling) from when i was 13.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:21 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

After ten years they should be classed as spent So 2003 should have put those mentioned into that category.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:27 pm
WBB

Originally posted by paulf
After ten years they should be classed as spent So 2003 should have put those mentioned into that category.
the convictions are all spent but as you know they all have to be disclosed in the application.

am i the only crim here or has anyone got any other examples of people who got in with a record?

Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:33 pm
Banned

Billy PM'd you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.