Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

converting uk sizes to oz sizes,clothing

Wikiposts

converting uk sizes to oz sizes,clothing

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default converting uk sizes to oz sizes,clothing

Can anyone give me some good websites where i can work out my clothes size from uk to oz sizes and most here are in cm.

and if there is nowhere i can try it on can be a problem but if i can convert my sizes before hand will be usefull.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:14 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Double it and add 30!

jib
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: converting uk sizes to oz sizes,clothing

Originally posted by brian.w
Can anyone give me some good websites where i can work out my clothes size from uk to oz sizes and most here are in cm.

and if there is nowhere i can try it on can be a problem but if i can convert my sizes before hand will be usefull.

I don't know if this will help or not, but in the UK I am a dress size 12. When we were on holiday in Oz I was able to buy size 10 - I ended up buying two pairs of trousers and they are now my favourites!!!

Now you know why I really want to go back!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:25 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally posted by Kelly T
I don't know if this will help or not, but in the UK I am a dress size 12. When we were on holiday in Oz I was able to buy size 10 - I ended up buying two pairs of trousers and they are now my favourites!!!

Now you know why I really want to go back!!!

But does you bum still look big in them

jib
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:09 am
ABCDiamond

Heres one:
http://www.sandravidendesign.com/sizing.html

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

petafray will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Heres one:
http://www.sandravidendesign.com/sizing.html
I think this is an old one as the last time any one with a 28 in waist was called a medium was about 1940!
if you have a look at the Dorothy Perkins website that gives their measurements and it seems pretty similar over here
CHeers
Peta
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by petafray
I think this is an old one as the last time any one with a 28 in waist was called a medium was about 1940!
if you have a look at the Dorothy Perkins website that gives their measurements and it seems pretty similar over here
CHeers
Peta
I must admit I know little about clothing sizes

However, I do have many shirts that are size M, and purchased here in OZ recently.

I've just at the trouser sizes, and found that I have some that are 34 and some that are 87. The one that is 34 also has a label with the size 8 on it !! ??

I'm getting confused again. I'll stick with the "if it fits - buy it" system

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:11 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Multiply by 2.54

Shirts are usually neck size and sleeve length e.g.

Neck Size 16" = 41cm

Sleeve Length 32" = 81cm

Other tops/jackets usually just chest size e.g.

Chest 40" = 102cm

Trousers etc on waist size and leg legnth e.g.

Waist 33" = 84cm

Leg length 32" = 81cm

Shoe Size generally UK and Oz are the same, you may also wish to note your European size

General sizes like S, M , L etc. probably about the same, often available in 6XL for the slightly less fit bronzed fit Australian.

Some sizes are also in 16, 18 etc - sorry don't understand these ones yet.

Suggest you calculate your measurements above anf keep a note in your wallet, multiplying by 2.54 in your head doesn't come easily

try here:

http://www.australia.com/plan_your_t...IONID=AgROPldA!1721708934!serv2ip!7551!7002&L=en&C=AU&Z=15133270 98

Last edited by jayr; Mar 23rd 2004 at 11:14 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Women's sizing is exactly the same as in Uk 10, 12 ,14 etc though they do seem a bit more generous out here. Mens tend to be s,m,l,xl etc. I have not noticed many CM sizes on the clothes.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jib
But does you bum still look big in them

jib

I'll pretend I didn't hear that!!

No, seriously they fit really well and are so comfortable.
What I did find is that they don't do short trouser lengths in Oz so ended up having to take them up!