Convertable BMW

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default Convertable BMW

If you had a 6 year old 323i convertable (which I don't at the mo) would it be worth shipping it over to oz or not. Andy
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:48 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice
Default Re: Convertable BMW

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
If you had a 6 year old 323i convertable (which I don't at the mo) would it be worth shipping it over to oz or not. Andy
If i had a £150000 boat(which i don't) would that be worth shipping??
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bigjugs
smart ass
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:10 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

smart ass
Couldn't resist
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

JerrySpringer is an unknown quantity at this point

What's your motive for wanting to take it?

There are plenty of BMW dealers in Melbourne, so they are a regular occurrence on the road, and servicing and parts won't be a problem. However, European cars are more expensive here so expect to pay for more parts.

Convertibles are quite common in the city although less common once you get into the hotter, drier areas and away from the cloud cover - sun too intense and too much dust (depending where you live of course)!

I thought you had to own a vehicle for 12 months to avoid paying GST on it, on top of the import duty?
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer
What's your motive for wanting to take it?

There are plenty of BMW dealers in Melbourne, so they are a regular occurrence on the road, and servicing and parts won't be a problem. However, European cars are more expensive here so expect to pay for more parts.

Convertibles are quite common in the city although less common once you get into the hotter, drier areas and away from the cloud cover - sun too intense and too much dust (depending where you live of course)!

I thought you had to own a vehicle for 12 months to avoid paying GST on it, on top of the import duty?
I was wondering if it would work out cheaper to take it over, from what I have read European cars are a hell of a lot more money in Oz, just trying to weigh up the pros and cons. Andy
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

you'd be better sending it by air
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if it would work out cheaper to take it over, from what I have read European cars are a hell of a lot more money in Oz, just trying to weigh up the pros and cons. Andy
WHY? lol

do some research on like for like specs on say drive.com.au or carsales.com.au

i think theres even a auto trader oz version
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:21 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
WHY? lol

do some research on like for like specs on say drive.com.au or carsales.com.au

i think theres even a auto trader oz version
Cheers for that, just had a look on drive.com.au. Definitely cheaper to ship over. Andy
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:38 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Hi there, i WOULD deffo ship it over, without a doubt.
I totally regret not taking mine, as the resale value is unbelievable.I could have doubled my money straight away.
I only had a 318se but they are so expensive over here it will be a while before i can afford another.
Also remember that you have to own the vehicle for at least 6 months before you can ship it.
Good luck
Darren
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

check out what import duty you will have to pay - I think vehicle import tax can be up to 25% of the value of the car (although certain conditions will apply), then add 10% GST on top, plus quarantine charges (including cleaning), state approval charges (to ensure vehicle is acceptable for use on Aus roads), plus of course your shipping and insurance.

best of luck
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer
check out what import duty you will have to pay - I think vehicle import tax can be up to 25% of the value of the car (although certain conditions will apply), then add 10% GST on top, plus quarantine charges (including cleaning), state approval charges (to ensure vehicle is acceptable for use on Aus roads), plus of course your shipping and insurance.

best of luck
And then it is a grey import (not made for the Australian market) so the resale while be less than the equivalent model sold here. Insurance companies made also charge a premium.

WW
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Forget it within weeks it will be scratched up, aussies dont care about other peoples cars, ram doors, trolleys into them all the time buy a bomb.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
And then it is a grey import (not made for the Australian market) so the resale while be less than the equivalent model sold here. Insurance companies made also charge a premium.

WW
yeah, good point.
I'm sure when customs value it for import duty they value it according to its value in Australia, not the price paid in UK(could work in your favour tho if you sell it on.) Not forgetting also GST has to be paid on car value AND import duty AND shipping cost (not trying to be negative by the way!)

OP, check used car values on redbook.com.au

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.