Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parents-Guess what?

Contributory Parents-Guess what?

Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contributory Parents-Guess what?

Family have contacted me from Perth following their inquiry to POPC to check on the latest news for my lodgement 21 Sept 2005 of the contributory parent visa 143. Apparently I have been registered and allocated a case officer but due to the immense increase in workload, officers have been allocated to deal with their priority cases first due to the end of the tax year rush in June and I probably won't hear anything until mid or end of July and this visa is now taking nearer 18 months to complete then 12 months. Family were told that POPC is hoping to increase staffing levels over the next couple of months to catch up but they are under heavy pressure at the moment due to the heavy increase in applications.
Sorry to pass on bad news, you can imagine how my family and I feel, I know there are a lot of us concerned about the long wait, I hesitated whether to post this thread because I know there are quite a lot of parents in my situation but thought it best in the end to let you all know.
All we can hope for is that they catch up on the backlog quickly and that we support each-other in the meantime, I have not been told who my CO is so am no further forward in my application. I look at the pics of my 2 year old twin grandaughters and long to be there, keep smiling and please reply.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parents-Guess what?

Originally Posted by carol haycock
Family have contacted me from Perth following their inquiry to POPC to check on the latest news for my lodgement 21 Sept 2005 of the contributory parent visa 143. Apparently I have been registered and allocated a case officer but due to the immense increase in workload, officers have been allocated to deal with their priority cases first due to the end of the tax year rush in June and I probably won't hear anything until mid or end of July and this visa is now taking nearer 18 months to complete then 12 months. Family were told that POPC is hoping to increase staffing levels over the next couple of months to catch up but they are under heavy pressure at the moment due to the heavy increase in applications.
Sorry to pass on bad news, you can imagine how my family and I feel, I know there are a lot of us concerned about the long wait, I hesitated whether to post this thread because I know there are quite a lot of parents in my situation but thought it best in the end to let you all know.
All we can hope for is that they catch up on the backlog quickly and that we support each-other in the meantime, I have not been told who my CO is so am no further forward in my application. I look at the pics of my 2 year old twin grandaughters and long to be there, keep smiling and please reply.
Hi Carol, I just wanted to say that I hope they hurry up for you and that the 18 month thing is a really pessimistic guess on their side.

Good luck to you and all others waiting for this visa.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Hi Carol, nice to hear from you again but not so sure whether I am so happy to hear the news of the time span for completion of our visa applications - have just about got used to the 12 months idea so to think it could be 18 is a bit daunting to say the least. Have just decided to get our house on the market so hope we are not jumping the gun!! Our visa was lodged 10th Oct - just after yours so maybe hopefully we will hear in July! Let's think positive eh? I really feel for you wanting to be with your little grandaughters - they grow so quickly. We don't have any grandchildren yet but keeping our fingers crossed! Keep your chin up! Linda
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Carol, nice to hear from you again but not so sure whether I am so happy to hear the news of the time span for completion of our visa applications - have just about got used to the 12 months idea so to think it could be 18 is a bit daunting to say the least. Have just decided to get our house on the market so hope we are not jumping the gun!! Our visa was lodged 10th Oct - just after yours so maybe hopefully we will hear in July! Let's think positive eh? I really feel for you wanting to be with your little grandaughters - they grow so quickly. We don't have any grandchildren yet but keeping our fingers crossed! Keep your chin up! Linda
Yes, I agree with your comment about the waiting time, it was only a couple of months back that people were told 9-12 months for this visa so I was keenly watching for the postman during May. I am going to try and enjoy June although it hasn't got off to the best start either as we also put our cottage for sale 2 weeks ago and feedback from the agent from the first viewing said the couple didn't like it at all so seems like we have got our work cut out for us but concentrating on selling the home will make a change from concentrating on Dimia. Better luck with your house selling!!!!! At least I can chuckle about it.
I feel positive that all Sept, Oct and Nov applicants of this visa will hear at the same time and then it will be all systems go and not enough time to get everything done-you wait and see. A problem shared is a problem halved they say. I feel tons better having had a moan about it but did not want to upset any other parents with the news my family gave me following their chat with POPC, they may catch up fast after the new tax year starts 1 July, this may be a temporay blip only.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Contributory Parents-Guess what?

Yes, I agree with your comment about the waiting time, it was only a couple of months back that people were told 9-12 months for this visa so I was keenly watching for the postman during May. I am going to try and enjoy June although it hasn't got off to the best start either as we also put our cottage for sale 2 weeks ago and feedback from the agent from the first viewing said the couple didn't like it at all so seems like we have got our work cut out for us but concentrating on selling the home will make a change from concentrating on Dimia. Better luck with your house selling!!!!! At least I can chuckle about it.
I feel positive that all Sept, Oct and Nov applicants of this visa will hear at the same time and then it will be all systems go and not enough time to get everything done-you wait and see. A problem shared is a problem halved they say. I feel tons better having had a moan about it but did not want to upset any other parents with the news my family gave me following their chat with POPC, they may catch up fast after the new tax year starts 1 July, this may be a temporay blip only.
Hi carol when I saw the title of your thread I thought you were going to say you had your visa have you had your medicals yet we did our police checks unrequested but thought we had better wait to do the medicals, we really want to be out there for October for sons wedding in November we have thought about going out and just going to New Zealand when the visa is issued but if its going to be 18 month's I'm not sure if we could do that,we are not selling our house so at least we will have somewhere to come back to after the wedding.Lets hope we al hear something soon regards Janet
Old Jun 1st 2006, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Hi again Carol - thank goodness for this site - so that we can all sound off!
Our present home is also a cottage in North Devon. Where are you living at the moment? Concentrating on the house sale will help us through the next few months I am sure. Our estate agent seemed optimistic but you never know do you? Let us all just enjoy this beautiful English summer (joke). Actually the weather has improved at last and today has been beautiful but still a bit chilly eh? It is so hard not to "think" Australia isn't it? Just want to get going. Have just spoken to our daughter-in-law's dad and they have already got their visa (granted last Oct) but are not having any luck in selling their house!! They are so frustrated as you can imagine!! Fingers and toes crossed for us all! Linda
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi carol when I saw the title of your thread I thought you were going to say you had your visa have you had your medicals yet we did our police checks unrequested but thought we had better wait to do the medicals, we really want to be out there for October for sons wedding in November we have thought about going out and just going to New Zealand when the visa is issued but if its going to be 18 month's I'm not sure if we could do that,we are not selling our house so at least we will have somewhere to come back to after the wedding.Lets hope we al hear something soon regards Janet
Don't be too downhearted, POPC did state that at the moment its nearer 18 months than 12 from lodgement to visa but that 18 months was the absolute maximum and they are doing everything to try and keep closer to the 12 month mark, dependant on staffing levels and prompt document return once allocated your CO. Yes Janet, we have our PC's ready now and had medicals done last week. At the end of the conversation the lady wished my daughter a happy day.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi again Carol - thank goodness for this site - so that we can all sound off!
Our present home is also a cottage in North Devon. Where are you living at the moment? Concentrating on the house sale will help us through the next few months I am sure. Our estate agent seemed optimistic but you never know do you? Let us all just enjoy this beautiful English summer (joke). Actually the weather has improved at last and today has been beautiful but still a bit chilly eh? It is so hard not to "think" Australia isn't it? Just want to get going. Have just spoken to our daughter-in-law's dad and they have already got their visa (granted last Oct) but are not having any luck in selling their house!! They are so frustrated as you can imagine!! Fingers and toes crossed for us all! Linda
Hi Linda, we live in a village just outside Bath so not too far from you really, all estate agents are optimistic about your property as they want your business, all homeowners get told the same rubbish, thats why I can chuckle about it, its the having to keep the house tidy and clean all the time just in case of a viewing that gets to me, its not natural living not to make a mess, you can't relax. Thats why I think its best to get it on the market early as it must be awful to be in your friends position and have their visa and can't sell. We would consider renting it out and going to Aus if unable to sell rather than remain in UK.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

pinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant future

Hi Linda, we live in a village just outside Bath so not too far from you really, all estate agents are optimistic about your property as they want your business, all homeowners get told the same rubbish, thats why I can chuckle about it, its the having to keep the house tidy and clean all the time just in case of a viewing that gets to me, its not natural living not to make a mess, you can't relax. Thats why I think its best to get it on the market early as it must be awful to be in your friends position and have their visa and can't sell. We would consider renting it out and going to Aus if u
nable to sell rather than remain in UK.
Hi Carol,
I did not see this, but Janet told at work today she is really upset. We apply the being of Feb 2006 hoping to go out in Oct/Nov as we have sold the house,we wanted to spend Christmas with our three daugthers & their children we are retiring we wanted to get settle!!!! My Daughers ask us to come early so we were hopeing in July they would get things moving!!!!!
Pauline
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Linda, we live in a village just outside Bath so not too far from you really, all estate agents are optimistic about your property as they want your business, all homeowners get told the same rubbish, thats why I can chuckle about it, its the having to keep the house tidy and clean all the time just in case of a viewing that gets to me, its not natural living not to make a mess, you can't relax. Thats why I think its best to get it on the market early as it must be awful to be in your friends position and have their visa and can't sell. We would consider renting it out and going to Aus if unable to sell rather than remain in UK.
Hi Carol, good luck with house sale! We will just have to "go with the flow" and see what happens. As you say it is going to be a nightmare trying to keep the place tidy for viewings (if they come). You know the hardest part of this whole business for me is having to leave our collie behind - my husband says she is too old to cope with the stress of travel and the heat in Oz but?????? So this little bit of extra time to visa is valuable to me so I can share our last summer together - she is a "young" eleven years and a real darling - going to blub in a mo! Linda
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 5:58 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,

Just a word of encouragement for all you CPV's. We have just had an e-mail from our (and the in-laws) agent in Oz stating that their CO has requested Medicals and AOS. Their application was acknowledged Oct 2005 and their Pcc's were requested in April. They haven't been asked for the 2nd part of their application fee yet (the big money!!!) but at least things are moving along quite nicely.
I hope this gives you all a bit of encouragement as I think you all sounded a little bit 'down' this week.

Good luck everybody I will keep you posted with the in-laws time line.

Loz x
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
Hi everybody,

Just a word of encouragement for all you CPV's. We have just had an e-mail from our (and the in-laws) agent in Oz stating that their CO has requested Medicals and AOS. Their application was acknowledged Oct 2005 and their Pcc's were requested in April. They haven't been asked for the 2nd part of their application fee yet (the big money!!!) but at least things are moving along quite nicely.
I hope this gives you all a bit of encouragement as I think you all sounded a little bit 'down' this week.

Loz x
Thanks for posting this I feel a bit better now keep us posted on their progress.
Janet
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

pinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Thanks for posting this I feel a bit better now keep us posted on their progress.
Janet
Hi Janet that sounds better!!!!!! I can't wait until July comes around & maybe just maybe things will start moving!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loz
Hi everybody,

Loz x
Hi Loz, thanks so much for those words of encouragement - things are looking a bit more positive now. Our visa was lodged 10th October and acknowledged 25th October - so hopefully, just hopefully we will hear something soon from our CO!!! Haven't heard anything since acknowledgement so....... bring it on!!! Thanks again! Linda
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Contributory Parents-Guess what?

Morning Carol - see you are also checking emails bright and early!!! Not worked out yet how the "chat" facility works on this forum - but things are certainly looking more hopeful from Loz's posting eh? Bet it brought a smile to your face - it did to mine - going to try and not be so "hooked" on this site over the weekend but..... Linda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.