Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa

Contributory Parent Visa

Old Aug 14th 2005, 1:27 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa

Originally Posted by JAJ
Incorrect. Limits for AOS are based on taxable income, not tax paid. Limits depend on circumstances. There a limit of two assurees per person at any one time. It is possible in some circumstances to combine assurers.

Read the information on the Centrelink site about mandatory AOS. The temporary contributory parent visa does not require an immediate AOS but one will be needed within 2 years (plus other risks) otherwise your parents will be in a total mess, so get professional advice before even thinking about this option.

And as for the other questions:

1. It depends. There's a 'settlement' requirement (2 years residence), plus DIMIA need to be happy you can meet multiple sponsorship obligations.
4. Same as any other migrant visa.
5. Processing time currently about 12 months.
6. Form 990i has all fee details. Second visa application charge is per person.

Jeremy
Cheers JAJ

Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:45 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

dmb357 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa

Originally Posted by vivi
Congrats Diana you most be over the moon. When you said your son had to get his permanent residency in his passport, what visa did he go out on. We have a PR on ours as hubby is ENS sponsered, also ( so many questions) did you have to wait exactly 2 years or could you start the application before the 2 years were up? Sorry for the interogation, but I bow to your knowledge as we would love to get Mum out here!
Anyway congrats again!
ViVi
Hi
Don't worry about the questions this site has been so useful to us so I'm only to happy to pass information on. Our son had to have been in Australia for two years and have the stamp in his passport, he went out on a de facto visa. We applied the day after he got his stamp so he had been there for just over two years but had only had the PR stamp for 24 hours. They were more concerned that he was settled and that he intended to get married eventually, which of course he can't do until his Mum is there!!!
Diana