Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa

Contributory Parent Visa

Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:00 am
reallywanabeeaussie

dmb357 is on a distinguished road
Default Contributory Parent Visa

YiPPEEEEE we got it !! 4months to the day, now we just have to sell the house!!
Diana
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:10 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa

Originally Posted by dmb357
Diana
Fabulous news Diana. Bet you're chuffed to bits. Well done!

My parents are going for this next year, with me sponsoring them.

Can I ask Diana, how strict is the medical?

Mum is diabetic and takes treatment for high blood pressure however both conditions are stabalised.

She's worried her health might let her down

Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hi Diana,

Out of interest are you given a year from the date of medicals to validate as with other visas?

Congratulations

Thanks.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:56 am
reallywanabeeaussie

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Fabulous news Diana. Bet you're chuffed to bits. Well done!

My parents are going for this next year, with me sponsoring them.

Can I ask Diana, how strict is the medical?

Mum is diabetic and takes treatment for high blood pressure however both conditions are stabalised.

She's worried her health might let her down
Hi
Medicals were not as bad as we were expecting, I have a heart murmur and got though with no problem. The doctor had said as long as conditions are stable and not HIV/ cancer or severe heart trouble we should be fine.
I also have high BMI and still got through!!
Good Luck D
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:58 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Hi
Medicals were not as bad as we were expecting, I have a heart murmur and got though with no problem. The doctor had said as long as conditions are stable and not HIV/ cancer or severe heart trouble we should be fine.
I also have high BMI and still got through!!
Good Luck D
Thanks for the info dmb. Really appreciate it

Fabulous news. Bet you can't wait!

Good luck...and enjoy

Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:00 am
reallywanabeeaussie

Originally Posted by tabby
Hi Diana,

Out of interest are you given a year from the date of medicals to validate as with other visas?

Congratulations

Thanks.
Hi Tracey
Yes we have 12months to validate from medicals date, however I have heard that some people only get 6 months if their health category is B rather than A.
Best wishes Diana
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Hi Tracey
Yes we have 12months to validate from medicals date, however I have heard that some people only get 6 months if their health category is B rather than A.
Best wishes Diana
Hi,

Our daughter and partner, Michael, entered Sydney 2nd June .... we are told we have to wait 2 years before we apply for Contributory Parent Visa. Was this the case with you?

Karen
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:03 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Hi,

Our daughter and partner, Michael, entered Sydney 2nd June .... we are told we have to wait 2 years before we apply for Contributory Parent Visa. Was this the case with you?

Karen
Hi Karen
Yes we had to wait for our son to get his permanent residency stamp in his passport, after he had been there two years, we applied straight away and got it within the 4 months. Its been a tough two years waiting but worth it!!
Diana
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Hi Karen
Yes we had to wait for our son to get his permanent residency stamp in his passport, after he had been there two years, we applied straight away and got it within the 4 months. Its been a tough two years waiting but worth it!!
Diana
Hi Diana,

Thanks for that...I know its a visa requirement etc,. I just keep on hoping that I may have been wrong and others found a way to get in faster!
Although Kate has been to Oz twice before on holiday...we always knew she was coming back and this is the first time in 26years I have seen and hugged her for the past three months (nearly). Ah will it will soon pass..... 21 months 2 weeks and 2 days to application day!

Best wishes and good luck down under.

Karen
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:03 am
reallywanabeeaussie

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Hi Diana,

Thanks for that...I know its a visa requirement etc,. I just keep on hoping that I may have been wrong and others found a way to get in faster!
Although Kate has been to Oz twice before on holiday...we always knew she was coming back and this is the first time in 26years I have seen and hugged her for the past three months (nearly). Ah will it will soon pass..... 21 months 2 weeks and 2 days to application day!

Best wishes and good luck down under.

Karen
Hi Karen
I can only imagine how tough that must be for you !!
We tried to get around it and having said there is no way Toby did get his residency three months early so keep trying!
Best wishes Diana
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:16 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Diana
Congrats Diana you most be over the moon. When you said your son had to get his permanent residency in his passport, what visa did he go out on. We have a PR on ours as hubby is ENS sponsered, also ( so many questions) did you have to wait exactly 2 years or could you start the application before the 2 years were up? Sorry for the interogation, but I bow to your knowledge as we would love to get Mum out here!
Anyway congrats again!
ViVi
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:47 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Congratulations, nice to hear your good news, good luck with your move

Nicky
Old Aug 13th 2005, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Could I please ask, how much the contributory Parent Visa costs in total?

Thanks

Louise
Old Aug 13th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Contributory Parent Visa

Originally Posted by louise

Thanks

Louise
Hi

There are some links on this page ( http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books3.htm )for charges, i think there a couple of ways you can go about it , the best seems to be to pay around $26,000 and then get $10,000 of that back after 10 years.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Glynn will become famous soon enoughGlynn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by louise

Thanks

Louise
Louise,
I've recently done some checking re costs, as my wife and I would like to go and join our kids & grandchildren in Oz before too many more years pass.
The figures I got off the Oz Govt. site earlier this month were :
Ist installment (i.e. visa application charge) $1305.
2nd installment $27850 (PER PERSON !!!!!) :scared:
Assurance of Support Bond (returnable with interest after 10 years, but minus any welfare payments made in that time) $10000 for the 1st applicant plus $4000 for the second.

So the figures show that the Oz Govt have certainly got things sorted (to their benefit) in relation to the situation for immigrants to the UK !!! I'm semi-retired but am just about to go back to work to get more pennies for the piggy-bank !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.