Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa

Contributory Parent Visa

Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Contributory Parent Visa

Hi
we are about to enter the mine field of parents visas. Cannot go for a temporary solution too much of an ongoing concern. Problem seems to be with step children. Mum has 2 kids, both living in Australia (well I will be soon hopefully) but her husband has 3 kids from a previous marrage. His kids were adults when mum married him and they were not in his legal custody for some time prior to this. Has anyone had a similar situation? As a 52 year year old I don't think she has the right to retire?
Any help, comments etc would be really appreciated.
Thanks Tara
Old Jan 5th 2005, 4:24 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa

Originally Posted by ali south
Hi
we are about to enter the mine field of parents visas. Cannot go for a temporary solution too much of an ongoing concern. Problem seems to be with step children. Mum has 2 kids, both living in Australia (well I will be soon hopefully) but her husband has 3 kids from a previous marrage. His kids were adults when mum married him and they were not in his legal custody for some time prior to this. Has anyone had a similar situation? As a 52 year year old I don't think she has the right to retire?
Any help, comments etc would be really appreciated.
Thanks Tara
Tara

We have just got our CP Permanent Visas. Your problem may well lie in the balance of family situation - if your folks can't satisfy that I don't think they can then apply for this particular visa.

The info under Parents Migration on the DIMIA site may sort it for you but it could well confuse you further.

Hopefully Jeremy will pick up on this and give you the definitive answer.

Regards

Jim