Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contributary parent visa

Contributary parent visa

Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Red face Contributary parent visa

Hi all,

We was granted a visa in early March & are now helping the mother get her contributory parent visa. The prolem is due to our circumstances we cant go to Australia till her visa is granted, I have lololked on timeline to see how long they are taking but there is nothing that will work as a guide for us.

We have done the meds, pcc's, & DIMIA have all the documents required.

Our sponser & assurer has had the first centrelink interview & we are just waiting for the bond request. Can anyone please tell me how much longer this could be.

Has anyone been granted recently, if so how lolng did it take???

Thank you all, Sarah.

Hi Stuart, I don't think we are going to be as lucky as you were!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributary parent visa

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi all,

We was granted a visa in early March & are now helping the mother get her contributory parent visa. The prolem is due to our circumstances we cant go to Australia till her visa is granted, I have lololked on timeline to see how long they are taking but there is nothing that will work as a guide for us.

We have done the meds, pcc's, & DIMIA have all the documents required.

Our sponser & assurer has had the first centrelink interview & we are just waiting for the bond request. Can anyone please tell me how much longer this could be.

Has anyone been granted recently, if so how lolng did it take???

Thank you all, Sarah.

Hi Stuart, I don't think we are going to be as lucky as you were!
Not sure what you are asking.

The contributory parent visa only takes about 6 months.

However you could not be the sponsor until you have been settled in Australia for 2 years.

If someone else (who is already in Australia) is Sponsor and assurer of your mother then, as I said, it takes about 6 months.

G
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not sure what you are asking.

The contributory parent visa only takes about 6 months.

However you could not be the sponsor until you have been settled in Australia for 2 years.

If someone else (who is already in Australia) is Sponsor and assurer of your mother then, as I said, it takes about 6 months.

G
And children only count as 'Australian' for balance of family purposes once they have PR visas and are *living* in Australia.

More clarity is required.

Jeremy
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

She has 4 sons,

2 are in Perth already.

The sponser/ assurer has been there for nearly 3 years, her other son has been there for 1 year.

I am the third son, I was granted a visa at the beginig of march.

Her forth son intends to stay in England.

She has meet all criteria so far regarding balance of family, medicals, pccs and provided all evidance required. We would like to know how long from bond request to being granted a visa. Could she get turned down at this stage? sponser has had first centrelink interview, so we are assuming everything is ok so far.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:49 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

She has 4 sons,

2 are in Perth already.

The sponser/ assurer has been there for nearly 3 years, her other son has been there for 1 year.

I am the third son, I was granted a visa at the beginig of march.

Her forth son intends to stay in England.

She has meet all criteria so far regarding balance of family, medicals, pccs and provided all evidance required. We would like to know how long from bond request to being granted a visa. Could she get turned down at this stage? sponser has had first centrelink interview, so we are assuming everything is ok so far.
OK

Should not be long.

The whole process only takes a few months.

Can't see why there would be a problem at this stage.

G
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your advice.

Do you have a contributory parent visa? If so what is your timeline?

Glad that you could read my first message (spelling errors) im sat here full of a cold & can't keep my eyes open for long!

Thanks, Sarah.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:26 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for your advice.

Do you have a contributory parent visa? If so what is your timeline?

Glad that you could read my first message (spelling errors) im sat here full of a cold & can't keep my eyes open for long!

Thanks, Sarah.
Sarah

I've got one. Just sending you a PM.

Regards

Jim