Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contracts will be exchanged tomorrow,4 weeks and I'm outa here!!!!

Contracts will be exchanged tomorrow,4 weeks and I'm outa here!!!!

Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Question Contracts will be exchanged tomorrow,4 weeks and I'm outa here!!!!

I can't believe how the time is flying by. I should be flying out on 6th Jan(not booking until tomorrow) and I am filled with a mixture of fear and excitement. :scared: Still frantically trying to sell furniture, local auctioneers came today and didn't want most of it, said teak was out of fashion. Doesn't anyone like quality stuff anymore!So it's going on ebay at a silly price, fingers crossed. Have got to try and get someone to buy fridge, freezer and bed at VERY last minute.
I have made a command decision to fly out business class, as I am on my own, and tall and arthritic. Hope I am not dissapointed by the experience as I am going to pay a lorra lorra bucks for it!!! Any recommendations as to which airline to choose? Going to Sydney initially.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contracts will be exchanged tomorrow,4 weeks and I'm outa here!!!!

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
I can't believe how the time is flying by. I should be flying out on 6th Jan(not booking until tomorrow) and I am filled with a mixture of fear and excitement. :scared: Still frantically trying to sell furniture, local auctioneers came today and didn't want most of it, said teak was out of fashion. Doesn't anyone like quality stuff anymore!So it's going on ebay at a silly price, fingers crossed. Have got to try and get someone to buy fridge, freezer and bed at VERY last minute.
I have made a command decision to fly out business class, as I am on my own, and tall and arthritic. Hope I am not dissapointed by the experience as I am going to pay a lorra lorra bucks for it!!! Any recommendations as to which airline to choose? Going to Sydney initially.

OMG! Well done on the house and best of luck sorting all those loose ends out X
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:58 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

All the best to you I hope you have a wonderfull new life
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:04 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
I have done business class with Emirates, BA and Cathay. All very good but I would say IMO that Cathay were probably the best. However, the inflight entertainment is better in Emirates and you can watch the plan take off and land from cameras they have positioned beneath the plan and on the front.

Best of luck with selling the contents of the house and if all else fails I am sure that a charity will take some of the stuff off you.

Enjoy.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

I have been on Emirates and Air NZ. Got back this morning from Aus on Air NZ. They have their new flat beds and are fab. Also, with them you get 64Kg of luggage without having to ask. You do have to get it into 2 bags so we bought some new ones and they were exactly 32 when we checked in!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andrewb
I have been on Emirates and Air NZ. Got back this morning from Aus on Air NZ. They have their new flat beds and are fab. Also, with them you get 64Kg of luggage without having to ask. You do have to get it into 2 bags so we bought some new ones and they were exactly 32 when we checked in!!!!
Thanks for that,I wondered about going with Air NZ and stopping off at LA, but the thought of the extra distance ( plus the cost) put me off.Been looking at E-bookers and I think it may well be Cathay. Will they give me an extra weight allowance?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

The extra distance was not too much, honestly!! I used Kelkoo to compare the prices and ended up booking with Opodo.

I looked into Cathay and phoned them, they said that if you go business class you get 30 kgs but if you book a migrant fare in economy you get 40!!! I asked for the migrant fare and it was cheaper than the business class fare but I could still not get the extra baggage as their computer wouldn't let them do it.