Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contract role in Oz - permits reqd ??

Contract role in Oz - permits reqd ??

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:06 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Contract role in Oz - permits reqd ??

Hi there,

We are in New Zealand ( perm residents) and I am looking at a potential short-term contract role in Australia.

We do not have our NZ citizenship and see that most contracting / recruitment agencies advertise roles in Oz with needing the right to work in Oz or NZ as the criteria.

Concerned that may have to pay some immigration consultant if there is a whole drama in getting the necessary visas etc for Oz.

Input anybody?

Cheers
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:08 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contract role in Oz - permits reqd ??

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hi there,

We are in New Zealand ( perm residents) and I am looking at a potential short-term contract role in Australia.

We do not have our NZ citizenship and see that most contracting / recruitment agencies advertise roles in Oz with needing the right to work in Oz or NZ as the criteria.

Concerned that may have to pay some immigration consultant if there is a whole drama in getting the necessary visas etc for Oz.

Input anybody?

Cheers
I'm no expert but from what you've said, I reckon you would need to get the employer to sponsor you for a 457 visa for the duration of the contract.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:05 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'm no expert but from what you've said, I reckon you would need to get the employer to sponsor you for a 457 visa for the duration of the contract.

Thanks for that,

Yeah, it is a tricky one and to add to the tricky part I am a self-employed business consultant. My ideal would be to make it a business-to-business transaction but obviously everything is subject to immigration otherwise there could be a potential loophole.

I am very wary of hiring a visa consultant as we have had the experience that they can really be expensive and you can save a lot of money researching such things yourself.

I will look into the 457 visa to try to understand the inns & outs of all this.

Gee, we said after moving to NZ that we never want to go through that immigration stuff again. Shows you – never say never .

Cheers mate.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:25 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Contract role in Oz - permits reqd ??

I'm not an expert but I though people from NZ could work in OZ. Through some labour agreement.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:10 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

I'm not an expert but I though people from NZ could work in OZ. Through some labour agreement.
NZ citizens can work in Oz but the OP is not an NZ citizen.