Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Containers! Are they delivered to your door in Aus?

Containers! Are they delivered to your door in Aus?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:17 pm
Banned

Sfephen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Containers! Are they delivered to your door in Aus?

I seem to read mixed comments but wonder if any one could shed some light on whether or not, your same containers which leave home arrive at the address in Australia or if they are always unpacked before delivery.

I am only asking about full soul use containers not shared.

Any one in the moving trade that can clarify this? Preferably a Oz based agent that knows the local rules.

Thanks in advance.

Stef
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Containers! Are they delivered to your door in Aus?

Originally Posted by Sfephen
I seem to read mixed comments but wonder if any one could shed some light on whether or not, your same containers which leave home arrive at the address in Australia or if they are always unpacked before delivery.

Any one in the moving trade that can clarify this? Preferably a Oz based agent that knows the local rules.

Thanks in advance.

Stef
If you pay them to deliver and unpack yes it will come to your door, which is the norm
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Will come in a container, but probably not the one it left the UK in.

When it goes past AQIS inspection, they normally lift it out of the container from the UK, pass it over AQIS 'desk' then re-pack it in to another container.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.

Stef
I only had a part container, but it had been reloaded into a smaller container for delivery after AQIS had finished.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Disco01 will become famous soon enoughDisco01 will become famous soon enough

Not allowed to deliver to door in the same contianer they must be unloaded in a customs warehouse for checking.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:05 am
Just Joined

amorris2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours wasn't. Was all still in the boxes, but it came in a removal truck. The boxes had been opened & checked. Everything stank, as it had been sprayed by AQIS and they cut the pine cones off our Xmas tree!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:43 pm
Banned

Sfephen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies

Its Odd, because one of the shippers I spoke to said it would be sealed at our home and only unsealed on arrival at our home in Australia? Unless it was checked by the Australian Quarantine. In which case we were entitled to be there when they broke the seal and then it would be re sealed and delivered.

This seemed to go against what I had read in the forum but perhaps some of you have had this service?? Anyone had the same container, unopened from door to door?

Stef
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

No Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really nice

We are booking a container with CT Freight. The container will come to our house on the back of a lorry where we can load it, it is then closed and sealed.

The container will then be opened by Australia customs.

We then have the choice of the container been brought to our new location and I unload it myself or they will unload it for me and deliver the items.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

No Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really nice

Thanks for your replies

Its Odd, because one of the shippers I spoke to said it would be sealed at our home and only unsealed on arrival at our home in Australia? Unless it was checked by the Australian Quarantine. In which case we were entitled to be there when they broke the seal and then it would be re sealed and delivered.

This seemed to go against what I had read in the forum but perhaps some of you have had this service?? Anyone had the same container, unopened from door to door?

Stef
I am advised when the container is origionally sealed at your door you will be given the seal number, if the container is opened by customs I will be notified that the seal has been broken and the new seal number.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone had the same container, unopened from door to door?
In Aus all containers with household effects are taken to a bonded warehouse/location where they are opened by AQIS for inspection. AQIS may then open no boxes, or one or several or all ...

I 'interviewed' a lot of removal firms and they all told the same story.

Maybe what your shipper told you relates to commercial imports. Maybe if you commercially import a whole container of, brand-new sewing machines, AQIS don't open it (unless they suspect there is something else in there). And then you get the container delivered unopened.

But with household effects, AQIS always worry that you'll bring pine cones in or a bit of dirt on your shoes, golf clubs, hedge trimmer etc
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

ABB1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody have an idea about the removal truck charges from Melbourne port to the door step (in SE area) for a container?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:28 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Guaranteed to be delivered to your door

but only if you live in the docks
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:49 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABB1
Does anybody have an idea about the removal truck charges from Melbourne port to the door step (in SE area) for a container?
This should be included in the price you pay the shipping company.....extra fees are incurred if you want your effects stored for a period of time before delivery to your home.

Jan
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about

I believe most companies will deliver to your door, included in the price. Recently heard of a family who arrived - packed their own container from UK and were asked for $4,800 to clear quarantine and delivery!!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

As long as you don't come from Columbia, otherwise your container will end up in Customs for a long time, whilst they get oot their nut....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.