Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container packed: oh la la!!!

Container packed: oh la la!!!

Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Container packed: oh la la!!!

hiya all,

I am knackered. I went to supervise the loading of my 20'' container this morning. I did the "open the door and lock urself inside" to check for holes. no holes but about 5kg of rice spread on the floor!!!! I FREAKED OUT!
Called the container guy to come and see, he sent his employee to sweep it up and he was like "she'll be right, no worries" - its only rice!

I am like, well its FOOD and AQIS and food is a big no no. They didnt care what the hell AQIS was... anyway, i ended up picking every single grain of rice that was inside.

Then the company i hired put all the furniture in the container, i have to say that they did a good job, maybe cause i was supervising!

The shipping company is Evergreen, i can track it online and they are one of the biggest company. at least something good.

I cant believe the movers though. they said they would write an inventory in English, only did it in French though. and they said: surely there is gonna be one guy at the port of Bne that speaks French. Yeah right, w*nkers! anyway, they were bloody ignorant. Thank god i had made a very detailed Excel inventory myself.

Voila, hat was my little story!!! U should have seen my face when i saw "RICE!!!!" !!!!

fabie
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container packed: oh la la!!!

Originally Posted by swissfabs
hiya all,

Yeah right, w*nkers! anyway, they were bloody ignorant. Thank god i had made a very detailed Excel inventory myself.

fabie
Glad it all went well - but most importantly that you are already speaking like an Aussie!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:43 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Glad it all went well - but most importantly that you are already speaking like an Aussie!
Good Luck and all the best x
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no Fabie, don't say you are shipping with Evergreen..........I export goods from Aus and used them :scared: .........

........and they are great

BNE here you come
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by marco121068
Oh well i do speak like an aussie. actually all i am missing is the passport. weird, long story!!!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh no Fabie, don't say you are shipping with Evergreen..........I export goods from Aus and used them :scared: .........

........and they are great

BNE here you come

heheheheh well not long now, 22 nights.... little green box is on its way too!

fabie
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:11 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Its a great feeling hey, almost moreso than goin to the airport That wasnt RICE it was SILICA Crystals to stop stuff gerrin DAMP !!!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:24 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe the movers though. they said they would write an inventory in English, only did it in French though. and they said: surely there is gonna be one guy at the port of Bne that speaks French. Yeah right, w*nkers! anyway, they were bloody ignorant. Thank god i had made a very detailed Excel inventory myself.

Voila, hat was my little story!!! U should have seen my face when i saw "RICE!!!!" !!!!

fabie
Fabes,

They think they'll find someone who speaks French in Brisbane???? Such blithe arrogance!

Not long till you leave now, is it? About three weeks?

Nicky
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Fabes,

They think they'll find someone who speaks French in Brisbane???? Such blithe arrogance!

Not long till you leave now, is it? About three weeks?

Nicky
i know but i mean they are furniture movers and well its not their fault... 3 weeks 2 days babes and im off!!!

fabie
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:34 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

i know but i mean they are furniture movers and well its not their fault... 3 weeks 2 days babes and im off!!!

fabie
God, I'm sooo envious (of you going that is, not the furniture removers!) - What was rice doing in a container, anyway?! You sure it wasn't fly eggs? Ugh. Sorry, that's a horrible thought!!

Talking of unborn maggots, did you tell your boss what you thought of her before you left?

Nicky
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
God, I'm sooo envious (of you going that is, not the furniture removers!) - What was rice doing in a container, anyway?! You sure it wasn't fly eggs? Ugh. Sorry, that's a horrible thought!!

Talking of unborn maggots, did you tell your boss what you thought of her before you left?

Nicky
nice transition! well im currently on holiday till monday... will tell the boss in 4 years when she has paid all my due commissions (some are still outstanding cause of new-built)...

no no it was definitely rice! thank god...

have a fantastic evening, going for dinner with my bro and parents!

fabie
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:40 pm
In my own little world!

have a fantastic evening, going for dinner with my bro and parents!

fabie
Thanks, Fabes, you too.

Nicky

xxx
Old Aug 26th 2005, 5:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

hiya all,

I am knackered. I went to supervise the loading of my 20'' container this morning. I did the "open the door and lock urself inside" to check for holes. no holes but about 5kg of rice spread on the floor!!!! I FREAKED OUT!
Called the container guy to come and see, he sent his employee to sweep it up and he was like "she'll be right, no worries" - its only rice!

I am like, well its FOOD and AQIS and food is a big no no. They didnt care what the hell AQIS was... anyway, i ended up picking every single grain of rice that was inside.

Then the company i hired put all the furniture in the container, i have to say that they did a good job, maybe cause i was supervising!

The shipping company is Evergreen, i can track it online and they are one of the biggest company. at least something good.

fabie
Cheers for that. Never though about checking the container before they loaded. Learn something new everyday!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stitch
Cheers for that. Never though about checking the container before they loaded. Learn something new everyday!

Cheers

Ginny
Oh yeah, definitely do that! NEVER trust shippers!!!!

fabie