Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container only, no packers?

Container only, no packers?

Old Oct 24th 2004, 3:43 am
Just Joined

smiffypr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Container only, no packers?

I am trying to find a shipping company who will deliver an empty container to my UK address, leave it for a few days while I pack it, then deliver it to my new NZ address where I can unpack it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can offer this service?

Smiffy
Old Oct 24th 2004, 8:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container only, no packers?

This company does

http://www.upakweship.com/

Don't know what they are like. Nessa and Mick are using them, but can't get on here cos their computer is now packed If you e-mail or pm "paula1" she will be able to ask them about savings and what the company are like. Sure she won't mind
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks. I've emailed Paula1, and will ask the company for a quote.

Smiffy
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smiffypr
Thanks. I've emailed Paula1, and will ask the company for a quote.

Smiffy
hi Smiffy

I've spoken to my friend, they used upakweship but they do not leave the container for you to pack, they provide the boxes for you to pack then they will collect the boxes then ship them to you when ready.

Hope this help's, good luck
Paula
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

I got a quote from upakweship for a 20ft contasiner, you had three hours packing time and the quote was only about £400 cheaper than PSS and it didn't include Customs etc and delivery at the other end PSS done the complete works for just £400 more
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Container only, no packers?

Hi I'm trying to weigh up all the different packing possibilities too. Not sure what the best option is; a container, shipping boxes, maybe sharing a container with other people etc. Its early days yet so just out of interest what do you think and what are your experiences?
Old Oct 26th 2004, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your responses.

This is the reply from upakweship:

Based on us siting 1 x 40' container on the ground ( access must be good ) 1 hour free to load then a charge of £45.00 per hour or part there off. Haulage to docks, uk terminal charges, ocean freight to arrival Wellington port £2625.00

I have replied asking how much it would be if the container is left with me for a few days.

Anyone got any other suggested companies?

Smiffy
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:59 am
Just Joined

I've had another response from Upakweship saying that it is another £360 for them to leave the container and pick it up later. This makes £2985, and that is just to get it to Wellington Dock.

I'll get some more quotes.

Smiffy
Old Oct 27th 2004, 1:03 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a quote from 'upakweship'

20 ft container to door (Bognor Regis) 2 persons to load container (we have to pack it all) 3 hr loading window.

Shipping to Sydney and transit to Armidale NSW (6 hours away)

Unload into rooms but no unpacking.

Inc all taxes / customs clearance etc - £2650

Between £1000 - £1300 cheaper than previous quotes (but they did all the packing/unpacking for you at each end)

Originally Posted by moneypen20
This company does

http://www.upakweship.com/

Don't know what they are like. Nessa and Mick are using them, but can't get on here cos their computer is now packed If you e-mail or pm "paula1" she will be able to ask them about savings and what the company are like. Sure she won't mind
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevereed
Just had a quote from 'upakweship'

20 ft container to door (Bognor Regis) 2 persons to load container (we have to pack it all) 3 hr loading window.

Shipping to Sydney and transit to Armidale NSW (6 hours away)

Unload into rooms but no unpacking.

Inc all taxes / customs clearance etc - £2650

Between £1000 - £1300 cheaper than previous quotes (but they did all the packing/unpacking for you at each end)
Sounds reasonable (ish) but what happens with insurance, presumably you wouldn't be able to get any as you would have to claim off yourself if something got damaged on the way
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:40 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sounds reasonable (ish) but what happens with insurance, presumably you wouldn't be able to get any as you would have to claim off yourself if something got damaged on the way
you can only claim for 'total loss' @ 1.65% of declard value