Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container costs and removals

Container costs and removals

Old Jun 7th 2003, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Container costs and removals

I have got John Masons and Doree Bonner coming round next week to give me quotes.I am hoping we might only need a 20ft container if so any idea of the cost?

So far I am not impressed by J Mason's customer service. A right moany trout on the phone who asked me when we were leaving I said I didn't know and she then asked if I had the visas. What difference does it make ?
They also sent a very brief letter which has all of their contract clauses on the back.

Doree Bonner so far so good. I will let you know the prices after they have been round.

Any others that people can recommend ?We live in Greater London and are going to Brisbane.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Container costs and removals

Hi Tina

Dorree Bonner are slightly dear at £3122 but cheaper than Pickfords at £3755 but I've had 6 companies round so far and Dorree's knowledge, attitude and personal service is streets ahead of the rest. I think its worth a couple of hundred quid knowing your stuff is in safe hands.

PSS are cheap if you are on a budget (£2739)

Regards

Terry

Originally posted by tinaj
I have got John Masons and Doree Bonner coming round next week to give me quotes.I am hoping we might only need a 20ft container if so any idea of the cost?

So far I am not impressed by J Mason's customer service. A right moany trout on the phone who asked me when we were leaving I said I didn't know and she then asked if I had the visas. What difference does it make ?
They also sent a very brief letter which has all of their contract clauses on the back.

Doree Bonner so far so good. I will let you know the prices after they have been round.

Any others that people can recommend ?We live in Greater London and are going to Brisbane.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks Terry,

Any ideas on the cost of rip off insurances that go with them?
Old Jun 7th 2003, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
Thanks Terry,

Any ideas on the cost of rip off insurances that go with them?
Hi Tina

It all depends on the mix of different types of items you have. Doree quoted me 2.8% of the value of the goods for insurance

Thanks

Terry

Old Jun 7th 2003, 4:28 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Had them all round and on price and professionalism it is still - for me - a choice between Bishops Move and PSS
One just under 3,000 and one just over with close insuranance percent costs and their insurance covers damp mold and electrical malfunction - so many don't
Old Jun 7th 2003, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ruffy is an unknown quantity at this point

we got Dorree Bonner coming monday morning they gave simialr quote as pickfords but we thought that Dorree Bonner much more professional