Container cost

Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default Container cost

Sorry if this has been asked before.

What cost could I reasonably expect for a container?

I have been quoted for a 40ft container an amount which seems excessive but I have no basis of comparison.

Also, is a 20ft container substantially cheaper (as we could elect to just throw some stuff away)

Many thanks
Old Sep 30th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Container cost

I've just been quoted £3558 for a 20ft by anglo pacific with them packing - door to door Lincs to within 30k radius of Sydney... might be going to qld yet so I expect this price to increase.

Who got the cheapest quote for a 20fter then????
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

20 ft=£3274 (excl insurance) Bolton to Melbourne with PSS
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Mine quote excludes insurance which is 3% of value.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
Sorry if this has been asked before.

What cost could I reasonably expect for a container?

I have been quoted for a 40ft container an amount which seems excessive but I have no basis of comparison.

Also, is a 20ft container substantially cheaper (as we could elect to just throw some stuff away)

Many thanks
How much stuff do you intend to bring over? A 40ft container is massive just for comparison a 20 ft container is about the same size a single garage, our packers reckoned they could get "if packed properly" the full contents of an average 3 bed house. We used a shared 20ft container door to door service Poole to Perth and used their insurance with Allied Pickfords and paid approx £2100. The service we got from them was first class both in the Uk and this end. Have heard good and bad from other peoples experiences but it comes down to the actual teams that pack your stuff.
Hope this is of some use to you
Good Luck
John
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am taking a 3 seater, 2 seater, armchair, 6ft farmhouse dining table, 6 chairs. 1 large bedhead, 1 4 drawer chest of drawer, 1 welsh dresser, 1 large rocking horse, 1 electric piano, 1 set of drums and boxes of clothes and boxes of 'stuff. 2 computers... i think thats it actually - will i get away with less than 20ft?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

40ft container £2500 - door to door, self packing.

20ft £1500 door to door.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by on a mission

20ft £1500 door to door.
Hi, with which company is that?? I like that price
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice
Question Re: Container cost

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
How much stuff do you intend to bring over? A 40ft container is massive just for comparison a 20 ft container is about the same size a single garage, our packers reckoned they could get "if packed properly" the full contents of an average 3 bed house. We used a shared 20ft container door to door service Poole to Perth and used their insurance with Allied Pickfords and paid approx £2100. The service we got from them was first class both in the Uk and this end. Have heard good and bad from other peoples experiences but it comes down to the actual teams that pack your stuff.
Hope this is of some use to you
Good Luck
John
Hi can you give me there web page or phone number to contact them
thanks
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homewardbound
I am taking a 3 seater, 2 seater, armchair, 6ft farmhouse dining table, 6 chairs. 1 large bedhead, 1 4 drawer chest of drawer, 1 welsh dresser, 1 large rocking horse, 1 electric piano, 1 set of drums and boxes of clothes and boxes of 'stuff. 2 computers... i think thats it actually - will i get away with less than 20ft?
Personally i would go shared container if you are only taking that amount,we took alot more stuff than you have mentioned and ours took about 8 weeks from packing to arriving here in Perth we didn't think it was worth the extra expense going sole use.

John
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jimandkate
Hi can you give me there web page or phone number to contact them
thanks
Try and google "Allied Pickfords" they have depots all over the Uk, ours were based in Bournemouth
Good Luck
John

Last edited by nickyjohnt; Sep 30th 2007 at 2:58 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really nice

Originally Posted by on a mission

20ft £1500 door to door.
God that is cheap - who is that with? Does that include all packing materials? I am being quoted over £6300 for a 40ft and £4400 for a 20ft. One company really tried to push us for a 40ft saying that a 2 bed house is the maximum you would get in a 20ft. We are going to go for a 20 ft and divide stuff into essential and non-essential then depending on if there is room or not depends on if the non-essential goes or not. We are not having unpacking the other end as we will be staying with family.

Helen