Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

contacts in the building trade

contacts in the building trade

Old Mar 25th 2003, 7:37 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool contacts in the building trade

How many people have got visas and are in the building trade?
i am a bricklayer/plasterer from leicestreshire and am moving out at the end of the year to perth or brisbane and would like to know people in the building gamewho are moving out or already there.

kev
Old Mar 25th 2003, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kev,

I am an electrician moving to Brisbane in September, not got visa yet but due in a few weeks hopefully.

Terry
Old Mar 25th 2003, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: contacts in the building trade

Originally posted by kevwalt
i am a bricklayer/plasterer from leicestreshire and am moving out at the end of the year to perth or brisbane and would like to know people in the building gamewho are moving out or already there.

kev

Kev.

I am a qualified sparky from Leicester, hopefully moving to Melbourne.

Scoops
Old Mar 25th 2003, 8:51 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

my hubby, also kevin, is a joiner and we are going to perth hopefully no later than september!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2003, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kevwalt

Hi Iam a painter and decorator, just waiting for visas and we are heading for Brisbane by October.( fingers crossed)
Any other decorators going to Oz.
Anyone of any trades going to try getting contacts for jobs before leaving? if so how ?

Mark
Old Mar 25th 2003, 9:22 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by liz and mark

Hi Iam a painter and decorator, just waiting for visas and we are heading for Brisbane by October.( fingers crossed)
Anyone of any trades going to try getting contacts for jobs before leaving? if so how ?

Mark
Hi I'm a chippy.
Hopefully going to Brisbane by the end of the year.
Hopefully lots of work around.
Tim and Debs
Old Mar 26th 2003, 1:12 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

kev
Great to hear that you coming always need yet another brickie , and wheres leicestreshire I came from Leicestershire is that near?
You should do well its all contract work and a case of the quicker you work the better the pay , there is loads of work around not that it would suit a lazy sod like me to work outside in the high 30s but got to be better than freezing I am sure.
The only draw back is no pay for being rained off and the winters here can be wet if not too cold so you will have to plaster in the winter make a nice change for you , speeds the thing these guys hammer on all day everythings cut to the bone .
PS join the Union its very good out here .

A TOTAL of 31 individuals are to be referred for possible criminal prosecution arising from the Cole Royal Commission into the $35 billion construction industry.

Workplace Relations Minister Tony Abbott today tabled the first of the long awaited findings in federal parliament.

Commissioner Terence Cole's report found the industry was characterised by disregard of the rule of law.

There was widespread disregard, and breaches of, enterprise bargaining laws, freedom of association laws, widespread exchange of inappropriate payments, unlawful strikes and threatening and intimidatory conduct.

Commissioner Cole reported 392 separate instances of unlawful conduct committed by individuals, unions and employers.

There were 25 different types of unlawful conduct and 90 types of inappropriate conduct.

The report found unlawful conduct was most prevalent in Western Australia and Victoria.

There were 230 findings of unlawful conduct in WA alone with the finding that fear, intimidation and coercion were common place.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 27th 2003 at 12:45 am.
Old Mar 26th 2003, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

kev
Hi ya

I'm a plumber/gas fitter hoping to go to Perth - only just started the process though so a long way to go yet!
Old Mar 26th 2003, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

My hubby is a chippy, moving out to Sunshine coast hopefully Oct 04.

Visa went in in Feb.
Old Mar 26th 2003, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

kev
Hi Kev,
I am a stonemason, hopefully moving out to Perth at the end of the year too,
still waiting for visa confirmation, all medicals and police checks were sent off last week.

Stoney
Old Mar 26th 2003, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Daffy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by liz and mark

Mark
My husband is a carpenter and we are going to Adelaide on 10 June. Since Xmas I have been emailing and writing to large construction companies based in Adelaide (most addresses found in White Pages on Internet) and have included a copy of his CV. We have had quite a few responses from these companies, asking when we are arriving and please can we arrange an appointment for a meeting.

They are not jobs offers but this is better than nothing.

Daffy

This
Old Mar 26th 2003, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Mottie
Hi ya

I'm a plumber/gas fitter hoping to go to Perth - only just started the process though so a long way to go yet!

Also gas fitter/plumber and hopefully at the later stages of process.
We are off to Frankston, Victoria (rellies out there to invade)

Mottie if I can help drop us a PM
Old Mar 26th 2003, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I know why its impossible to get plumbers / electricians etc.

They are all in OZ. !!! I wonder if thats because they are all on the run after appearing in Rouge Traders?

JUST KIDDING !!
Old Mar 26th 2003, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Davenshell is an unknown quantity at this point

Am also gas fitter/plumber moving to melbourne area,My brothers are awaiting with open arms,at least thats what I think he said phone line was a bit crackly.
David
Old Mar 26th 2003, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Dawnie is an unknown quantity at this point

For those coming to Melbourne - there is definitely lots of work for tradespeople, if you want it.

We're down on the Mornington Peninsula (Mt Eliza) and having needed to use a variety of tradespeople for my husbands"work" (renovating houses) we know what the demand is like out there. We also know a builder, who is always snowed under with work!!

Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.