Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contacting DIMIA

Wikiposts

Contacting DIMIA

Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of
Default Contacting DIMIA

I have seen on here that some have contacted DIMIA to see where abouts their application is in the queue.
We sent our pc's off about 4 weeks ago and meds about 3 weeks ago. Do they send email acknowledgement of these or not. Although the meds got couriered the pc's were sent royal mail (yeh i know, but we sent the application royal mail no probs) and we worried they not got them. Does anyone know the number we can call? We are 136 MODL.

Simpy
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Contacting DIMIA

BUMP.
Come on, someone on here knows how, surely?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by simpy
I have seen on here that some have contacted DIMIA to see where abouts their application is in the queue.
We sent our pc's off about 4 weeks ago and meds about 3 weeks ago. Do they send email acknowledgement of these or not. Although the meds got couriered the pc's were sent royal mail (yeh i know, but we sent the application royal mail no probs) and we worried they not got them. Does anyone know the number we can call? We are 136 MODL.

Simpy
In our case we heard zip after sending our Meds & PCC's. I sent a polite email after about 5-6 weeks to our CO and she responded saying she was just waiting on our PCC's. She also warned that it could take ten working days from delivery to get to her desk. Two days later our Visa's were granted :-)
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:58 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Simpy
You don't get an acknowledgement for meds of pcc's, although you can email LCU to get confirmation that the meds have been processed if you want to. Not sure of the address, we didn't bother, but I'm sure it will pop up if you do a quick search.

Other than that, I guess it's just a case of sitting tight....

When did you sent the app off?? I assume you got an acknowledgement for that??

Graham
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northerner
You don't get an acknowledgement for meds of pcc's, although you can email LCU to get confirmation that the meds have been processed if you want to. Not sure of the address, we didn't bother, but I'm sure it will pop up if you do a quick search.

Other than that, I guess it's just a case of sitting tight....

When did you sent the app off?? I assume you got an acknowledgement for that??

Graham
Hi Graham, we sent app off in March, got acknowledgement within a couple of weeks, then we got told to go for meds+pcc in August. They said then that our CO will be in touch, but nothing yet.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
In our case we heard zip after sending our Meds & PCC's. I sent a polite email after about 5-6 weeks to our CO and she responded saying she was just waiting on our PCC's. She also warned that it could take ten working days from delivery to get to her desk. Two days later our Visa's were granted :-)
Cheers S-Y-P but we have not been assigned our CO yet?? Although we got told one would be in touch when we got asked to go for meds.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 4:36 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers S-Y-P but we have not been assigned our CO yet?? Although we got told one would be in touch when we got asked to go for meds.
So ASPC asked you for meds etc??? You didn't frontload??? If so then you have a CO. Might be reading it wrong...

I'm sure you won't have long to wait whatever

Graham
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northerner
So ASPC asked you for meds etc??? You didn't frontload??? If so then you have a CO. Might be reading it wrong...

I'm sure you won't have long to wait whatever

Graham
Hi Graham, Yes they asked us to go for meds and we didn't frontload (cos we didn't know you could). They said on the email when they asked us to go for meds that a CO would be assigned shortly, but still nothing. We have just replied to that email to see if they can offer any assistance as in a timescale.

Simpy
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

Hya
I phoned DIMIA this morning and after holding for about 16 mins spoke to thiis lovely guy called Mark who looked up my application when I gave him my file reference number. The telephone number is on your acknowledgement letter, he explained that there were a lot of applications being processes this time of year and that as a MODL applicant on a skilled visa the current time for completed visa applications is 6-9 months.
I was expecting a version of our public sector 'computer says no' dreary people but was pleasantly surprised with how helpful he was - I reckon you should give them a call and put your mind at rest - that is if you dont mind listening to Men at Works " I come from a land down under" for 20 minutes while holding!!!!

Good luck
Louise
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Louiselondon
Hya
I phoned DIMIA this morning and after holding for about 16 mins spoke to thiis lovely guy called Mark who looked up my application when I gave him my file reference number. The telephone number is on your acknowledgement letter, he explained that there were a lot of applications being processes this time of year and that as a MODL applicant on a skilled visa the current time for completed visa applications is 6-9 months.
I was expecting a version of our public sector 'computer says no' dreary people but was pleasantly surprised with how helpful he was - I reckon you should give them a call and put your mind at rest - that is if you dont mind listening to Men at Works " I come from a land down under" for 20 minutes while holding!!!!

Good luck
Louise
Thanks Louise, I don't need to phone now, please see my new post