Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contact details to obtain builders licence

Contact details to obtain builders licence

Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Gibsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contact details to obtain builders licence

We are moving to Adelaide soon and would like to do as much ground work as possible in relation to a builders trade licence. Does anybody have the contact name/address/e-mail where we can find out about applying for one. Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contact details to obtain builders licence

Originally Posted by Gibsons
We are moving to Adelaide soon and would like to do as much ground work as possible in relation to a builders trade licence. Does anybody have the contact name/address/e-mail where we can find out about applying for one. Thanks

It just so happens that I do.

Here is the link http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

But you can't apply until you get there.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WendyC
It just so happens that I do.

Here is the link http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

But you can't apply until you get there.

Thank you for that WendyC but not sure if I am being a little stupid when I go onto the site I cant find anything about the Trade LIcence for a Bricklayer!!

We have been told by our Agent that it isnt the TRA that deals with this?? I am totally confused as they are not being very helpful with this matter!!

I know we cant apply until we are living in Oz, but just wanted to find out some more information about the process and what it entails.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that WendyC but not sure if I am being a little stupid when I go onto the site I cant find anything about the Trade LIcence for a Bricklayer!!

We have been told by our Agent that it isnt the TRA that deals with this?? I am totally confused as they are not being very helpful with this matter!!

I know we cant apply until we are living in Oz, but just wanted to find out some more information about the process and what it entails.

I'm not 100 % sure, but I think your agent has mis-informed you. The TRA had to assess your skills for migration - is that correct??

If yes then when you arrive in Australia, as far as I am aware you have to re-apply to them for the domestic skills test as opposed to the international one ( you have to pay again). Then they guide you from there. That's my understanding of it anyway. It is a bit confusing It may also involve some college work.

There has been a few threads on this just lately so if you search back a few days, you will get a bit more info. My OH is an Electrician, so I have mainly been looking at that, but as far as I am aware it's the same for all tradesmen.

Brickyade, will probably be able to help you a lot more than me. I'm sure he'll offer some advice when he sees this thread.

If I find anything I'll be sure to let you know
Wendy
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:36 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

TRA deals exclusively with your assesment of your skills for your application and nothing else.

I think what you are referring to is something like this...

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/businessad...ing/forms.html

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Centurion
TRA deals exclusively with your assesment of your skills for your application and nothing else.

I think what you are referring to is something like this...

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/businessad...ing/forms.html

Hope that helps.

Many thanks for your help!