Reload this Page >

Construction Workers

Construction Workers

Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

cooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Construction Workers

thanks john
but i think i will give it a go.they cant all be tossers who use ya.and to be honest if it gets me over there i am sure gonna try my best to stick it out.i suppose i will just have to carefull who i take a job with.(you dont know of anybody over there do ya?)looking for a carpenter with multi skills.
and have you seen that last post?looks like somebody is a bit pissed off with somebodys comments eh?
bes regards jon
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stevenick
August 2009!!!!
The masked crusader arrives!!! its Bu1lder man!!!!! thankyou Bu1lder man for coming to save all us poor little brickies in oz and show us where we have all been going wrong!!!!! thankyou Bu1lder man what would we all do without you!!!! can we please......... polish your medals!!!!! Dream on.............

WTF???? get a life .................in fact get a job, obviously jelous.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

stevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nice

Originally Posted by bu1lder
WTF???? get a life .................in fact get a job, obviously jelous.
get a life? your in skegness telling us how good you are, i'm in australia doing it. get off your ass and get out here if your so good. jealous? you can't even spell it!!!!!! what a whalley!!!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

jduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant future

Easy tigers!! Shall we try and get back on the topic!?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

All the anecdotes on this site and all the information I hear informally is that work for tradies is drying up. The guys who have subbed for the same companies for years may get a little bit of protection, but everyone else is chasing less and less work.

Any tradie who comes out from the UK on a ETA on the 'hope' of picking up a sponsored job is kidding themselves - they would be better putting their money into lottery tickets.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stevenick
get a life? your in skegness telling us how good you are, i'm in australia doing it. get off your ass and get out here if your so good. jealous? you can't even spell it!!!!!! what a whalley!!!!!!
.....olo. Sorry whingers, aint got time to argue, got money to earn......lol

Last edited by bu1lder; Feb 10th 2009 at 12:04 pm. Reason: Blackberry probs....
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

cooter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
All the anecdotes on this site and all the information I hear informally is that work for tradies is drying up. The guys who have subbed for the same companies for years may get a little bit of protection, but everyone else is chasing less and less work.

Any tradie who comes out from the UK on a ETA on the 'hope' of picking up a sponsored job is kidding themselves - they would be better putting their money into lottery tickets.
hoofie
talk about anecdotes!"better putting your money into lottery tickets"well a couple of joiners i know in perth are doing fine.quite busy actually.so thanks for your coments.a simple explanation of what you have heard would have done,without the sarcasam!!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:35 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

My Nephew is a brickie in Perth.Born and bred Aussie.Hasn't had any work for 6 weeks and still looking.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cooter
hoofie
talk about anecdotes!"better putting your money into lottery tickets"well a couple of joiners i know in perth are doing fine.quite busy actually.so thanks for your coments.a simple explanation of what you have heard would have done,without the sarcasam!!!!!
You must have a great view of the economic situation in Australia from Manchester. Two joiners in Perth do not exactly confirm the situation all over Oz. If you want to take the piss fine, but my comments were based on chats with two building contractors and a builder of high-end houses yesterday.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

There are two ads in the Western Australian Newspaper today for Bricklayers,
One for a bricklaying team with experience, and the second for Bricklayer with ABN and Car, wages $230 a day

Make of that what you will....
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

plumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud of

Hi

For what it's worth we have been in perth for two weeks and my OH has been offered two plumbing jobs the work is there if you look hard enough he went through the phone book and phoned every plumbing firm in the area and like i say got offered jobs with two, it's not all doom and gloom!!!

Sue
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough

As previous posts have said you will find work if you know where to look, it may not be with the big boys or fantastic money but if your willing to give a go good luck to you.

Bitching and moaning does not help anybody life is to short.

Good luck to you all which ever path you chose.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:22 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephen elaine
As previous posts have said you will find work if you know where to look, it may not be with the big boys or fantastic money but if your willing to give a go good luck to you.

Bitching and moaning does not help anybody life is to short.

Good luck to you all which ever path you chose.
True you might find work but if it's not the work you were hoping to do or trained for ,it can be soul destroying.

When you relocate to a new country it's an emotional roller coaster.Situation's which you may normally cope with on your own turf can become major hurdles when your in a unfamiliar environment.
In my particular case I came here in 89 there was no building work,I couldn't get a job for the life of me.I worked as a labourer in a factory for less than a third of what I used to earn.Over a period of 7 years I worked my way through 3 or 4 menial jobs.I never worked on my tools as a carpenter.I moved to Melbourne, where I've lived for last 13 years,working as a carpenter.I'm busy and earning very good money and in the fortunate position of being able to turn work down . I have a network of contacts who know my work.Building is slowing up and work becoming harder to get. An Aussie or people like myself will get first dibs over someone just off the boat.That's nothing new,it's the world over.I've done the hard yards to get where I am.Just be aware that the grass is not fluro green over here.
People who have made the decision to move will do so regardless of any advice given.Just be prepared for a possible bumpy ride.
Hope all your dreams come true