Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Construction Manager UK to Oz

Construction Manager UK to Oz

Old Feb 14th 2021, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Stevezc11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Construction Manager UK to Oz

I require advice from those in the construction industry.

I am a female construction manager wanting to relocate to Australia. If anything covid has taught me life is too short and to just do it. For as long as I can remember this is something I have always wanted to do.

I am currently working towards professional membership with the CIOB which I should hopefully have by summer. From the research I have done my profession is something that is in demand and on the skilled list.

It does state I need 3 years experience once I have my MCIOB (which is something I don’t have yet) so I assume this if I wanted to directly apply to construction manager jobs in Oz. 3 years is quite a long time (I am 26 now)

I currently work for a large tier one contractor who does have presence internationally however not so much in Australia and its very much consultancy/PM based.

My question is, if I were to move to a company such as Laing O’Rouke, Lendlease who have a huge presence in Australia, but within the UK and then be sent internationally, would the same principles apply?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction Manager UK to Oz

Laing O’Rouke has a tonne of Brits working for it in Sydney. I find it difficult to find someone who is not British working in a non site role. The ones I know found their job locally and not via a UK Oz transfer but who knows if they do the international transfer. Good luck.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction Manager UK to Oz

First, you need to check what qualification is required to pass the skills assessment then experience required would be post that. With employer sponsored, the department will also want to see three years experience for a temporary employer sponsored. Also, for my experience, employers are unwilling to transfer staff until they have several years experience with them.