Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Construction (Joinery/Shopfitting) or IT in Perth.

Construction (Joinery/Shopfitting) or IT in Perth.

Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Construction (Joinery/Shopfitting) or IT in Perth.

Hi All,

OK I have a lot of thinking to do, having worked almost equal amounts of time in both the construction industry and IT I am not sure what to do in Perth.

There seems to be plenty IT work in Perth at the moment, so do I just settle for the office job in IT doing techy roles and get paid an ok wage.

Or,

Do I buy a whole load of new tools, stripe up the pickup and go work for myself back in a Joinery role. I was thinking kitchens, doors frames stuff like that, the only problem being I dont know any electricians, plumbers out there for bigger jobs.

My Dad thinks I should settle in to an IT role, do odd jobs on the weekend until I build up a decent reputation then maybe knock IT on the head.

However there are people that think I should just stick to an IT role, get paid, no stress and enjoy my weekends.

What would you guys do, or what do you think even ??

Last edited by philnorris; Sep 12th 2008 at 9:51 am. Reason: I can't spell.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Re: Construction (Joinery/Shopfitting) or IT in Perth.

Thanks for moving my post, I realised as soon as I hit the button oooops