Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Construction jobs in Oz

Construction jobs in Oz

Old Aug 28th 2003, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future
Default Construction jobs in Oz

I am applying for PR with skills being accessed by ACS (IT). I am trying to keep my options open workwise, IT is not a good future short, medium or long term. It is true that in the construction sector you cannot just set yourself up as a trader like in the UK? Do you have to have a licence for ALL construction jobs? Between now and likely granting of PR I could be at least half way through a City & Guilds Level 2 or Corgi registered but if a licence is required there seems little point. What are the criteria for the licences experience and qualification wise? Are there similar restrictions on establishing a new construction business and hiring locally qualified workers?

Thanks for any info.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 5:44 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Building licences in Oz

The answer is Yes,yes and yes, go to www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au for the details of licences required in NSW other states are similar.Any building work over A$200 requires a licence, all plumbing and electrical work requires you to be licenced. Search the forum Re. corgi they accept your ticket as proof for Oz licence.Alan Collett is giving me details of someone in Oz who can help with licencing I will pass this to you when I receive it. Regards The plumber.