Reload this Page >

Considering moving to Oz

Considering moving to Oz

Old Feb 6th 2004, 12:59 pm
kez
Forum Regular

kez is on a distinguished road
Default Considering moving to Oz

Hello Peeps. we are hoping to move to australia - dont know what part yet we are still gathering info. we have two boys aged 8 and 11. my husband is a butcher and i am a med secretary and will soon be qualified as a counsellor - i need advice on jobs - homes - school and where might be a good starting point. application is now in the post and we are all really excited:scared:
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum.
Post any of your queries on the site and if some one can help, they will. Really helpful bunch of people these lot!!!
If there is something inparticular, then doing a search often helps.

Good luck

sandra
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering moving to Oz

Originally posted by kez
Hello Peeps. we are hoping to move to australia - dont know what part yet we are still gathering info. we have two boys aged 8 and 11. my husband is a butcher and i am a med secretary and will soon be qualified as a counsellor - i need advice on jobs - homes - school and where might be a good starting point. application is now in the post and we are all really excited:scared:
welcome to the madhouse, some people are very helpful ,(some are downright rude, just ignore the rude ones.)
Often if you ask a specific question people will give you a website to read - as Sandra said go to 'search forum' most of your general querries will have been discussed.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:14 pm
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road

Kez
well a very open posting not sure where but have applied. To start your search some fun bits are looking at houses so try www.domain.com.au this will give you everything you need. However it can only tell you so much. Hav you ever visited down under?? if you have then you must have some idea of where you would like to be...if you have not been then before you decide to go I suggest without doubt you go for 6 weeks and do some touring to help you decide. It all depends on what you are seeking and if you have people there already. On the job front you can locate various sites www.careerone.com.au, plus F2 which I think advertises on this site. The real hard work starts with the banking system, getting a mortgage, getting a credit card, booking the removals and the insurance, driving test, new laws, friends back home and home sickness. Schools are great usually and if you need help on these send me a mail on the area you have chosen and I have a great school bible giving the full detail on all the schools in NSW and ACT. Hope this helps as a starter and welcome to the board.
G&T