British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   congratulations letton percival (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/congratulations-letton-percival-442766/)

Matt & Jay Apr 17th 2007 10:54 am

congratulations letton percival

its been over a year since we landed in brisbane and we are still trying to sort out the insurance claim with these people for our damaged items. :curse:

Buzzy--Bee Apr 17th 2007 11:07 am

Re: congratulations letton percival

Originally Posted by Matt & Jay (Post 4654222)
its been over a year since we landed in brisbane and we are still trying to sort out the insurance claim with these people for our damaged items. :curse:

What's the problem mate? Why won't they pay up?

Buzzy

DrWho Apr 17th 2007 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 4654308)
What's the problem mate? Why won't they pay up?

Buzzy

Yeah, talk...! There's an awful lot of people on here that use/have used them... :blink:

Hutch Apr 17th 2007 11:22 am

That sucks.

Had to claim for some damaged PC equipment - from initial inquiry to cheque in the post took less than three weeks. :blink:

Matt & Jay Apr 17th 2007 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 4654409)
That sucks.

Had to claim for some damaged PC equipment - from initial inquiry to cheque in the post took less than three weeks. :blink:

i had tool boxes damaged in move and gas analysers smashed also dents in fridge, they wanted me to find someone who would make a replacement one off section for tool box as item is no longer made. i made a mistake by listening to people saying that items were cheaper here than uk so box was under insured but thats not my gripe every time i email or phone letton with details or quotes it can take 4-6 weeks to get a reply from the insurers cant believe it takes this long they were recomended by so many but let us down so far!

chels Apr 18th 2007 1:04 am

Sorry to hear about your problems. We found them pretty easy to deal with, and sorted out our claim pretty quickly (about 10% of our stuff was lost or damaged).

Hope you get it sorted soon.

biggy Apr 18th 2007 1:58 am

they are a member of BIBA have you tried contacting them http://www.biba.org.uk/

Kernow1 Apr 18th 2007 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Matt & Jay (Post 4655001)
i had tool boxes damaged in move and gas analysers smashed also dents in fridge, they wanted me to find someone who would make a replacement one off section for tool box as item is no longer made. i made a mistake by listening to people saying that items were cheaper here than uk so box was under insured but thats not my gripe every time i email or phone letton with details or quotes it can take 4-6 weeks to get a reply from the insurers cant believe it takes this long they were recomended by so many but let us down so far!

Matt & Jay, who were your shippers?

Thanks.

Matt & Jay Apr 19th 2007 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Kernow1 (Post 4659166)
Matt & Jay, who were your shippers?

Thanks.

the shippers were pss

mbike Apr 19th 2007 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Matt & Jay (Post 4664953)
the shippers were pss

About 100 ukpounds worth of our stuff got broken following PSS packing and transportation but because LP's excess was 300 ukpound on our overall value we didn't claim.

MArk

devilishdean Apr 19th 2007 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by chels (Post 4658402)
Sorry to hear about your problems. We found them pretty easy to deal with, and sorted out our claim pretty quickly (about 10% of our stuff was lost or damaged).

Hope you get it sorted soon.

I hope they dont damage that amount of my stuff! who did you use for the shipping ? :eek: