Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Congrats Mrs BP on Getting your Ps

Congrats Mrs BP on Getting your Ps

Old May 26th 2005, 6:51 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congrats Mrs BP on Getting your Ps

At over 7 months pregnant my wife has just passed her driving test and got her set of red Ps. Congratulations. Now I need the phat exhaust and some duff duff to go with the Ps.
Old May 26th 2005, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congrats Mrs BP on Getting your Ps

Originally Posted by bondipom
At over 7 months pregnant my wife has just passed her driving test and got her set of red Ps. Congratulations. Now I need the phat exhaust and some duff duff to go with the Ps.
Congratulations Mrs BP!! I'm still on my L's - keep meaning to learn properly. And I don't even have the excuse of being pregnant!! And I bet Mr Un-Co would say congratulations to you BP for not having to ALWAYS be the Des anymore!
Old May 26th 2005, 6:57 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Congratulations Mrs BP!! I'm still on my L's - keep meaning to learn properly. And I don't even have the excuse of being pregnant!! And I bet Mr Un-Co would say congratulations to you BP for not having to ALWAYS be the Des anymore!
Indeed. It's a wasted opportunity having a pregnant wife who can't even drive you home from the pub. Congrats to you both on both counts.
Old May 26th 2005, 6:58 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Congralations Mrs BP.
Hope you have many happy years behind the wheel.

Louise
Old May 26th 2005, 7:13 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh, as a fellow "P" driver, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That test is nervewracking! The best part is... people see those P's and you can make just about any stupid maneuver because they all expect it of you. (Not that I do it on purpose )

Seriously though, I like the fact that people give me that little bit of extra room because they know I'm not as experienced. Makes me feel safer driving with the kids in the car. And don't mind the idiots that tailgate you just to rattle you (happened once, I should've slammed on the brakes!)

Best of luck! Enjoy those P's while you still have 'em!

Siren
Old May 26th 2005, 9:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations Mrs BP. Hope this doesn't mean you will be driving yourself to the hospital in two months time
Old May 26th 2005, 9:38 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

congrats
How long do you stay on P's for after passing?
Old May 26th 2005, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by seang
congrats
How long do you stay on P's for after passing?
1 Year on red Ps and then 2 years on the green Ps. To jump from red Ps to Green Ps you have to take a computer based hazard perception test. To get the full license you have to take some more computer based tests.
Old May 26th 2005, 10:27 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

1 Year on red Ps and then 2 years on the green Ps. To jump from red Ps to Green Ps you have to take a computer based hazard perception test. To get the full license you have to take some more computer based tests.
Thanks.
Had a peak at the rta nsw site - if you present a UK license do you go on to P's or a straight swap?
Old May 26th 2005, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by seang
Thanks.
Had a peak at the rta nsw site - if you present a UK license do you go on to P's or a straight swap?
If have have held your UK license for more than 3 years it is a straight swap otherwise you are on Ps.
Old May 26th 2005, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations Mrs BP, someone told me once I'd passed my test "Now you will REALLY learn to drive" . The first time on your own is a bit nerve-wracking but you'll be fine. Have fun and many years of safe, happy driving.
Old May 26th 2005, 11:25 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Mrs BP. I was 8 months pregnant when I took my test. I dont remember doing an emergency stop, and also stalled at a big junction, with several cars behind me, which I was lead to believe was an automatic failure (stop the car and walk back to the test centre) but we carried on and I passed. Maybe he didnt fancy making a heavliy pregnant woman walk 3 miles!!
Old May 26th 2005, 12:06 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Mrs BP!
Old May 26th 2005, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Mrs BP, being able to drive is a necessity when you have a new babe.

Take it easy.
Old May 26th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Mrs BP - excellent timing, would have been a nightmare doing after the birth! Take care and don't go over any speed bumps in a hurry now!