Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Congrats to the All Blacks

Congrats to the All Blacks

Old Aug 9th 2003, 12:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats to the All Blacks

Congratulations to the AB's for their 19-11 win over the Boks. It was a great game, the Boks played much, much better & were in the hunt for the whole game but were let down by poor kicking & finishing, their forward & defensive play was great. It goes to show that if you can get under the skin of the AB's & ask questions, they are not happy. I think that this shows that the RWC will be more open than people (not a NZ/England 2 horse race) think.

Anyway it looked freezing in Duneidin this morning (their evening) !. All the crowd were in thick coats & woolly hats, brrrr.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

That was a good game. The Boks are going to cause the English some serious problems in Perth in the RWC. If England falter there, they face the Almighty Blacks in the next round.

If I was a betting girl, Amazulu, I'd get some money on the Boks to finish top of Pool C.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 11:02 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congrats to the All Blacks

Originally posted by Amazulu

Anyway it looked freezing in Duneidin this morning (their evening) !. All the crowd were in thick coats & woolly hats, brrrr.
Yep - it gets really cold in Dunedin in the middle of winter at 10pm in the evening (about when the game finished).

Idiot NZ rugby union scheduled it then despite all the local advice, because Sky wanted to show the game at a decent time on Saturday morning in the UK and SA. Ruined the game from a spectacle viewpoint, although it suited one team's game plan a bit better.

I doubt it will be a forward dominated game in Perth for WC, because of the good conditions there. So England's stronger backs will win it for them. Besides, any team except France taking on the England pack these days (as their only gameplan) will fail.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by southerner
Yep - it gets really cold in Dunedin in the middle of winter at 10pm in the evening (about when the game finished).

Idiot NZ rugby union scheduled it then despite all the local advice, because Sky wanted to show the game at a decent time on Saturday morning in the UK and SA. Ruined the game from a spectacle viewpoint, although it suited one team's game plan a bit better.

I doubt it will be a forward dominated game in Perth for WC, because of the good conditions there. So England's stronger backs will win it for them. Besides, any team except France taking on the England pack these days (as their only gameplan) will fail.
It was a good game. The interesting thing for me was that if you can get under the AB's skin you can ask questions, their game plan wasn't really working & for some reason they could'nt change it, this is the complete opposite from previous AB teams that were masters at improvisation. Also both teams defended really well which makes good kicking vital, Spencer was on form (at last) & Koen was not. I don't think that the RWC will be a 2 horse race (AB/England) as has been thought.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 12:03 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Amazulu
Congratulations to the AB's for their 19-11 win over the Boks. It was a great game, the Boks played much, much better & were in the hunt for the whole game but were let down by poor kicking & finishing, their forward & defensive play was great. It goes to show that if you can get under the skin of the AB's & ask questions, they are not happy. I think that this shows that the RWC will be more open than people (not a NZ/England 2 horse race) think.

Your lads played well , heres hoping the All Blacks give the Aussies a kick up the arse again this weekend , nice to hear no whinging from the All Blacks unlike the Aussie babies .

Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Your lads played well , heres hoping the All Blacks give the Aussies a kick up the arse again this weekend , nice to hear no whinging from the All Blacks unlike the Aussie babies .

Yes. I respect the All Blacks, a team of tradition & honour. Unlike the Wallabies, the whingiest & most underhand team in world rugby. Lets hope the AB's thump them on Saturday.