Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Confused What Is The Reality With Uk Carseats In Oz ? Anyone Using One Out In Oz ?

Confused What Is The Reality With Uk Carseats In Oz ? Anyone Using One Out In Oz ?

Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused What Is The Reality With Uk Carseats In Oz ? Anyone Using One Out In Oz

Originally Posted by bridie
I dont think the issue is just about safety though, it's unclear what would happen if you were stopped and your car was checked by police and found to have a non-Aus standard seat in it, or you had an accident (whether resulting in harm to the child or not) and it was discovered. It's not something that happens everyday so I doubt there's much information on it, but personally speaking I would rather just spend the $s on an Aus car seat and know that if anything happened I wouldnt be taken to court / fined or whatever because the seat didnt conform.
I've been stopped twice by the police and we had the kids in the back in our US (not even UK!) seats. Even though the kids were talking to the police (aren't kids great when they do that?) the police didn't even notice and certainly didn't check.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused What Is The Reality With Uk Carseats In Oz ? Anyone Using One Out In Oz

Originally Posted by renth
I agree. If the UK standards are so crap how come everyone is not up in arms about it?
Especially given how nannyish the EU is.

I think it's a union ruse. They will be benefiting somehow.