Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CONFUSED OVER WHICH APPLICATION TO MAKE

CONFUSED OVER WHICH APPLICATION TO MAKE

Old Jul 1st 2001, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Deb & Kev is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has had a successful skills assessment from QLD ambulance service and he has been advised to submit his visa application. He has been told to make sure that the assessors contact details are included in the application in order that DIMA can contact them for further info. We are unsure whether a skilled independant visa should be applied for or whether employer nomination scheme would be correct. As the ambo service is state employment am I correct in thinking that only the pool mark has to be achieved? I have tried to make sense of all the different categories but its very confusing. Please enlighten me.
Old Jul 2nd 2001, 11:40 am
George Lombard

Hi Deb,

I didn't know ambos were in the skilled occupation list (form 1121i under "forms and
booklets" at www.immi.gov.au). If they aren't you would be looking at either a four
year 457 visa or an employer nomination visa.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Deb & Kev wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 2nd 2001, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Deb & Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AMBOS

Thanx George. Ambos are on the list with a whopping 40 points. However, Kev has been informed that due to quality of UK paramedics they are sought after so the points shouldn't matter. DIMA forms don't seem to back this up. I still can't find where to include the contact name I have been given on the application form. Which ever one is appropriate.
Old Jul 4th 2001, 12:40 pm
George Lombard

Hi Deb and Kev,

OK, if that gives you 40 points you have a variety of options depending on where
you want to go. You could try skill matching, and if there are relatives, there is
the regional Australia linked visa. If all else fails there is the employer
nomination scheme.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Deb & Kev wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >