British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Confused and Concerned ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/confused-concerned-108192/)

windsordave May 9th 2002 8:53 am

Confused and Concerned !

Hi guys

well after the euphoria of receiving my acs assessment I am now slipping into concernedom !

Hers the problem ...

ACS stated my education was equivalent to an Aus Master degree - cool

It states that my skills are suitable for migration in 2231-17 - cool

I have the MODL sentance - cooler

However, it doesnt mention my work experience anywhere (I have 11 years + in the development/consultancy world)

AND I havent spent 3 of the last 4 years in my chosen MODL skill,

so do I still get the 10 points for work experience?

Thanks

Dave

@boy May 9th 2002 10:33 am

x

x

windsordave May 9th 2002 1:27 pm

Re: Confused and Concerned !

eeek

Has anyone else had their work experience detailed on their ACS letter? IS it only for MODL related work experience or all?

Many thanks

Dave

Protect The Inn May 9th 2002 5:20 pm

I might be wrong, but I am in the same situation except my letter does not state MODL
and I have 5 years experience.

According to the 1119pak info, you get 10 points for specific work experience is your
nominated occupation is worth 60 pts and you have worked in your nominated occupation
(or a closely related occupation) for at least 3 of the 4 years prior to application.

In the section which tells you about preparing your application it says that you must
obtain references which detail what you did in your job and include these in the
application.

I have done this and I assume therefore that they will have no problem with
it.

My ACS assessment was done in June of last year, therefore any *new* directive about
ACS including experience on there letter would be impossible to have obtained, given
this didn't exist when I got my assessment. My assessment is valid for 12 months, and
I would hope that DIMA are sensible enough to look at the bigger picture.

Sorry if this doesn't help you, but thought if you knew what someone else had done it
might set you mind at ease.

After following this newsgroup for over a year, it seems that there are often
different stories of how people have achieved the same thing, and therefore hopefully
that for their £420 DIMA don't just reject the application on a small technicality.

Fingers crossed!!!

I posted my app on 30th April, but have received no confirmation of them getting it
yet. Therefore I dont know whether I will be classed as before 8th May or after. I
had claimed 120pts, so it shouldnt matter assuming that they accept my work
experience.

"windsordave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys
    >
    > well after the euphoria of receiving my acs assessment I am now slipping into
    > concernedom !
    >
    > Hers the problem ...
    >
    > ACS stated my education was equivalent to an Aus Master degree - cool
    >
    > It states that my skills are suitable for migration in 2231-17 - cool
    >
    > I have the MODL sentance - cooler
    >
    > However, it doesnt mention my work experience anywhere (I have 11 years
    > + in the development/consultancy world)
    >
    > AND I havent spent 3 of the last 4 years in my chosen MODL skill,
    >
    > so do I still get the 10 points for work experience?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Dave
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Chris000 May 9th 2002 6:38 pm

Hi,

My wife was the main applicant as a registered nurse, when we received her assessment back the only thing it said was that her qualifications were suitable for registration in Aus for the purposes of emmigration and that it was valid for 2 years. She got all the points and we got our visa's granted today.

Dont if that helps any.

Chris.

yvsie May 9th 2002 8:29 pm

congrats chris..

.Im a nurse too...hope ours goes ok...how long did it take are you on timeline thingy??

Thunder Ace May 9th 2002 11:20 pm

"Protect The Innocent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I might be wrong, but I am in the same situation except my letter does not state
    > MODL and I have 5 years experience.
    >
    > According to the 1119pak info, you get 10 points for specific work experience is
    > your nominated occupation is worth 60 pts and you have worked in your nominated
    > occupation (or a closely related occupation) for at least 3 of the 4 years prior to
    > application.
    >
    > In the section which tells you about preparing your application it says that you
    > must obtain references which detail what you did in your job and include these in
    > the application.
    >
    > I have done this and I assume therefore that they will have no problem with
    > it.
    >
You guys are scaring me now, my ACS letter did not mention MODL either, but verified
the 2231-17 ASCO code and stated that I have 12 months C++ experience when in fact I
have 3 but I let it go because 12 is all that's required for MODL right?

My letter did not list my other previous IT experience, but I did include the proof
of this for both ACS and DIMIA applications. I have already been asked for medicals
and police certs, so everything else is okay isn't it? Tell me the truth, go on tell
me, I gotta know, I can take it, I think............

No sleep tonight for me.

Thunder Ace

@boy May 10th 2002 8:16 am

x

x