Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Confused about my first car rego

Confused about my first car rego

Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:15 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Confused about my first car rego

Hi All, Can anyone explain the process for car re-registration please:-
I've just been sent my end of first year here's rego renewal document
that says I have to pay $49 registration fee and $305 Motor Vehicle Tax
a total of $354 is this fee inclusive of CTP or is this something else I have to
buy?

Also I thought it was supposed to be cheaper to have a car here, so far it
seems just as if not more expensive.

I've just opened another letter from Allianz and its the CTP renewal for another $260! So thats up to $614 and that doesn't include my insurance yet!

Last edited by arkon; Oct 17th 2005 at 6:59 am.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:58 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Confused about my first car rego

that sounds cheap, so may not include CTP, but tell us what state you are in, and we may be able to help!

Originally Posted by arkon
a total of $354 is this fee inclusive of CTP or is this something else I have to
buy?

Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

that's a lot cheaper than my renewal -
Registration Charge: $172.00
Admin Fee: $6.00
Emerg Services Levy: $24.00
Stamp Duty on Ins Policy: $60.00
CTP Ins Prem ex GST: $344.29
GST on CTP Ins Prem: $30.71
TOTAL: $637.00

Plus Ins Prem due: RAA Fully Comp: $449.45

gd
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:00 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi

that's a lot cheaper than my renewal -
Registration Charge: $172.00
Admin Fee: $6.00
Emerg Services Levy: $24.00
Stamp Duty on Ins Policy: $60.00
CTP Ins Prem ex GST: $344.29
GST on CTP Ins Prem: $30.71
TOTAL: $637.00

Plus Ins Prem due: RAA Fully Comp: $449.45

gd
Im in NSW where are you?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

That's cheeky - editing your 1st post, so that the next one looks like crap!!!

gd
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:30 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

That's cheeky - editing your 1st post, so that the next one looks like crap!!!

gd
OOPS Sorry, I edited it straight away before you could have posted but then the dog got out and chassed after the chickens so I had to dash and catch him, when I got back I finnished off the edit and sent it back....Too late you had replied. Once again no ill intention intended. Just bad timing on my part and you were very quick off the mark!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

No Worries, Arkon!

Should be doing something more useful than hanging around in forums anyway!

Just can't find the motivation today (fed up with the sunshine)!

gd
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

buy?

I've just opened another letter from Allianz and its the CTP renewal for another $260! So thats up to $614 and that doesn't include my insurance yet!
Whats CTP?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Compulsory Third Party Insurance!

gd
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:58 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Confused about my first car rego

buy?

What sort of car do you drive?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Compulsory Third Party Insurance!

gd
Am I right in saying that it is part of the rego payment and if you want fully comp insurance you then you to an insurance company and take that out with them on top of the CTP already paid with the rego?

Tracy
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:07 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Confused about my first car rego

Originally Posted by TracyAnne
Am I right in saying that it is part of the rego payment and if you want fully comp insurance you then you to an insurance company and take that out with them on top of the CTP already paid with the rego?

Tracy
Yep.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:40 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

buy?

We thought the Australian system was better before we came, now we say give me the British system any day
Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:46 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
What sort of car do you drive?
Its a Jeep Cherokee. Diesel another thing Australia isn't very advanced for, only about 1 in 5 stations have small car friendly deisel nossles most have big trucky ones that don't fit the car. So beware anyone thinking of a Diesel out here.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:50 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yep.
Vash I don't think the CTP is part of the rego. Acording to the docs I got sent today the rego is $49 registration fee and $305 motor vehicle tax, no mention of CTP infact the re registration doc actually says make sure you hand in your green CTP slip when you come to pay the RTA fee. Then same post I got an Allianz CTP renewal letter for another $259 so I don't think CTP is part of the rego, BUT you must have it to get your rego.

Add to this $650 each year my normal fully comp insurance and its a lot more than the UK. $650 is about £280 a year! from memory isn't UK car tax about £180 a year? Also I'm not finding fully comp much cheaper not when you take into account the relative cost of living out here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.