confused

Old Oct 6th 2002, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

pdalwani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default confused

Hi,

I'm confused, the thing is let's say according to ACS assessment I'm worth 50 points, does that mean that I need to have minimum six yrs experience plus two yrs experience to meet basic requirement ?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 6th 2002, 2:08 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: confused

Originally posted by pdalwani:
I'm confused, the thing is let's say according to ACS assessment I'm worth 50 points, does that mean that I need to have minimum six yrs experience plus two yrs experience to meet basic requirement ?
You seem to have a fundamental flaw in your understanding of the points system.

The ACS does not award points. They merely assess whether you are suitable for migration under ICT occupations in the SOL. The points associated with each occupation are as stated on the SOL, and are not determined by any skills assessing body (such as the ACS).

The work experience required for getting a positive skills assessment is independent of the work experience required to satisfy the basic requirement (12 months in the past 18 months) or the recent work experience bonus points criterion.

If this is still confusing for you, do some self-research on the DIMIA website, or talk to a registered migration agent.

Peter
Old Oct 6th 2002, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

I've hired a migration agent and he is such an a##esn't even know what ACS is, so u can understand where I stand.

Yeah, I know that they do not award points, what I meant was, if ACS assess me as computer technician which get 40 points in the SOL. It's specified by DIMIA that if ur nominated occupation is worth 40 or 50 points, u must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation for atleast 2 out 3 yrs before applying. ACS will absorb 6 yrs of my job experience and 2 yrs job experience for DIMIA .
Am I right or wrong?
To get PR do I need to have min. 8 yrs experience ?

Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2002, 3:34 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

> Originally posted by pdalwani:
> I've hired a migration agent and he is such an a##esn't
> even know what ACS is, so u can understand where I stand.

Sorry to hear that. You should always check out the reputation and registration of an agent before you engage him/her.

> Yeah, I know that they do not award points, what I meant
> was, if ACS assess me as computer technician which get 40
> points in the SOL.

You really have fundamental gaps in your understanding.

The ACS has no business assessing a Computer Technician (3294-11). That's the TRA's domain. Look at the SOL: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/sol3.htm or your Skilled Migration Booklet 6.

> It's specified by DIMIA that if ur nominated occupation is
> worth 40 or 50 points, u must have been in paid
> employment in a skilled occupation for atleast 2 out 3 yrs
> before applying.

That's correct.

> ACS will absorb 6 yrs of my job experience and 2 yrs job
> experience for DIMIA. Am I right or wrong?
> To get PR do I need to have min. 8 yrs experience ?

You should read a recent post by George Lombard about this.

Or talk to a reputable agent - there are a few roaming this forum. They will certainly not pull a fast one on you, going by their track record here.

Peter
Old Oct 6th 2002, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Peter.

Now I think 6yrs exp. might get me PR.