Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Confirmation on converting to a QLD drivers licence

Confirmation on converting to a QLD drivers licence

Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:34 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Confirmation on converting to a QLD drivers licence

Can anyone confirm that to exchange a UK drivers licence to a QLD drivers licence, no theory or practical test is required?

Cant seem to find anything on the internet to back it up????

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2006, 10:11 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmation on converting to a QLD drivers licence

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Can anyone confirm that to exchange a UK drivers licence to a QLD drivers licence, no theory or practical test is required?

Thanks
Wifey is going to check it out later - she is going to text me - i will post her findings!!
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:54 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Wifey is going to check it out later - she is going to text me - i will post her findings!!
Wife just text'd - she has been given her license without having to take a test - this is at the office at kippa ring.

Seems it's official !!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:58 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

Thanks
Previous post
Old Nov 27th 2006, 2:05 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I have just called our local centre near Southport and they confirmed that it is just a straight swap!

Just got to find my licence as i only have a photcopy :scared:

Wife just text'd - she has been given her license without having to take a test - this is at the office at kippa ring.

Seems it's official !!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Thanks
Hi, I took the test last week to convert the licence from UK to QLD...It must be exchanged within 3 months of arrival (or you are classified as a non-licensed driver)...so big trouble if you are caught
Another thread I just read says the test has been scrapped....you MUST exchange within 3 months of arrival though...
Hope this helps
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:33 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Seems it's official !!
Mate did your wife go over the 3 month period before she exchanged today?

debbiemc, did you?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:20 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi, I took the test last week to convert the licence from UK to QLD...It must be exchanged within 3 months of arrival (or you are classified as a non-licensed driver)...so big trouble if you are caught
Another thread I just read says the test has been scrapped....you MUST exchange within 3 months of arrival though...
Hope this helps
I went into the QLD Transport office at lunchtime armed with a completed application form (dont sign it until you are asked to!), my passport (containing my PR visa), my Medicare Card, the TFN Advice letter from the ATO and my current UK license. Paid them $65.85 (5 years), they took my photo and then gave me my QLD license. No written test, the lady behind the counter even asked "Did you know you no longer need to take the written test".

I even got my UK license back!

Cheers

Paul
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:20 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Mate did your wife go over the 3 month period before she exchanged today?
Yes by about a week or so.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You should do it within three months, but lots get away with leaving it longer, providing you don't tell them you live here or give an Aus address if they pick you up
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:03 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Can you still change/get QLD driving licence if you are on a 4yr temp visa?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Can you still change/get QLD driving licence if you are on a 4yr temp visa?
A friend of ours has whilst awaiting her PR visa.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You should do it within three months, but lots get away with leaving it longer, providing you don't tell them you live here or give an Aus address if they pick you up
They like to check your passport stamp...
and if you wait longer than the 3 months, your insurance is invalid....
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:11 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
A friend of ours has whilst awaiting her PR visa.
Thanks mate
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Thanks mate
Anytime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.