Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Confirmation on converting to a QLD drivers licence

Confirmation on converting to a QLD drivers licence

Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:17 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmation on converting to a QLD drivers licence

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Anytime.
No worries
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:20 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Long shot.......anyone know how this affects someone with a HGV license? Previously, I was looking forward to forking out thousands of bucks to get the Aussie equivalent of my license...has this changed?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Bosshogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Long shot.......anyone know how this affects someone with a HGV license? Previously, I was looking forward to forking out thousands of bucks to get the Aussie equivalent of my license...has this changed?
C'mon guys!!
What's the deal with converting your HGV license? Can someone please find out.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bosshogg
C'mon guys!!
Also can some kind sole ask if it is any different converting a New Zealand driving licence, I would buy them a beer for the answer
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:27 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Mate, if the deal is you still have to take the theory for the privilege of riding a motorbike I would expect the worst.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon guys!!
They will not transfer your HGV, you need to take the written test and the practical test. We changed our licences yesterday and they would not transfer my HGV1.
This was at the Maroochydore office and applies to Queensland, I have no idea about the other states
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
They will not transfer your HGV, you need to take the written test and the practical test. We changed our licences yesterday and they would not transfer my HGV1.
This was at the Maroochydore office and applies to Queensland, I have no idea about the other states
Thanks Kevin,
Shame but at least we know now. Let us know how you get on if you ever do the test. I wonder how hard the test would be compared to UK standards.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:31 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kevin,
Shame but at least we know now. Let us know how you get on if you ever do the test. I wonder how hard the test would be compared to UK standards.

The HC (Class 1) test is no different to the UK test apart from reversing - you do a left and right reverse and unlike the UK you have to stay in your seat facing forward - not allowed to look out of the window. You also have to demonstrate the use of the compression brake a couple of times.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 232Bar
The HC (Class 1) test is no different to the UK test apart from reversing - you do a left and right reverse and unlike the UK you have to stay in your seat facing forward - not allowed to look out of the window. You also have to demonstrate the use of the compression brake a couple of times.
Cheers 232Bar,
For the info. I think the main thing I would have problems with is all the bad habits you get into over the years. I just love driving tests!! Not