Reload this Page >

conditioned renting?

conditioned renting?

Old Mar 12th 2003, 6:30 am
Just Joined

irina is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face conditioned renting?

Hi, everybody!

Please tell me if renting an apartment when I'll arrive in Melbourne is conditioned of having a job....... ...you imagine that, like all of us, when we get down from airplan we have nothing except our baggages and some money ( not too much... )...

please tell me what is the procedure for renting there ( Au )...what papers should signed...stuff like this..

I wish you all the best and good luck!

Irina
Old Mar 12th 2003, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Inked is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: conditioned renting?

Originally posted by irina
Hi, everybody!

Please tell me if renting an apartment when I'll arrive in Melbourne is conditioned of having a job....... ...you imagine that, like all of us, when we get down from airplan we have nothing except our baggages and some money ( not too much... )...

please tell me what is the procedure for renting there ( Au )...what papers should signed...stuff like this..

I wish you all the best and good luck!

Irina
When we arrived in Melbourne a year a go, initially to have a years holiday waiting for our PR to come through, we were able to find a place and rent it within a week.

We rented through Central Equity apartments in the city. Basically just had to prove to them that we could afford the rent. In our case, we showed them the bank balance we had with the commonwealth bank , which looked very healthy as we had transferred money from the UK to keep us going for a while.

We committed to a 6 month lease. Not sure if there are any hard and fast rules, just seemed to require us convincing the rental folk that we were able to pay.

One option would be to pay upfront for the period of the lease if you are unable to provide any other evidence of having the money to afford the rent.

Joe
Old Mar 12th 2003, 7:20 am
Just Joined

irina is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot, Joe!...I assumed I must have enough money...but I thought that I must provide some certain details....

now I know what to do....

Best wishes!
Irina