Reload this Page >

concession fare ticket from IOM

concession fare ticket from IOM

Old Aug 1st 2011, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

tech_ginger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default concession fare ticket from IOM

Dear All,

In my visa grant letter its mentioned that i can avail concession airfare through
IOM (International Organization for Migration). When I mailed them i got the below response in their mail.
"Firstly, IOM assists migrants for a definitive emigration to Australia. We organize one way trip with no stopover. If you have to go to Australia first to find a job or housing etc prior to your final emigration, we will not be able to help you."

I'm planning, first to go there to search for a job, find a house, and set the other necessary things right. In that case should i not take the discounted ticket?
Has anybody before used IOM's service?

Thanks and Regards
Old Aug 1st 2011, 1:47 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: concession fare ticket from IOM

"If you have to go to Australia first to find a job or housing etc prior to your final emigration, we will not be able to help you."

If you are planning to arrive, set up, leave and return again, the above says they won't help you.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

tech_ginger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
"If you have to go to Australia first to find a job or housing etc prior to your final emigration, we will not be able to help you."

If you are planning to arrive, set up, leave and return again, the above says they won't help you.

thank you alistairboyle, got bit confused(may be coz of what Indians are doing @Trent Bridge).
Old Aug 1st 2011, 2:20 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tech_ginger
thank you alistairboyle, got bit confused(may be coz of what Indians are doing @Trent Bridge).
and they've just lost another wicket. Oh dear.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough
Default IOM for flights?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used or is going to use IOM (International Organsiation for Migration) to get flights? They are quoting really reasonably but want cheque or bank transfer (don't take credit cards) and don't state membership with ABTA etc.

I was given contact details for them in my visa grant letter so am hoping they are reputable?

Thanks

Jenny
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IOM for flights?

They're an inter-governmental body with member states (including Australia and the UK) and observer states http://www.iom.int/jahia/Jahia/about-iom/lang/en. Looks bona fide to me, but I haven't used them. This came up on BE before, maybe someone else on that thread used them.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:36 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

They have their uses, from what I recall they do some good deals, but to the limit, i.e. can help negotiate an increased luggage allowance on a certain route, or a better than average one-way economy class fare. Not sure if they do much more than that, such as orientation service or settlement assistance, may be worth inquiring if they do. One thing I remember them NOT doing, is anything to do with return airfares though
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

OIM helped us to come from London to Sydney. They found me two one-way tickets with 3 luggages allowance for £1100 (aprox) I transferred the money and I got two tickets few days after. No trouble and no hassle, they are a serious organisation and they do all this generally to help emigrants in bad financial situation.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAR001
OIM helped us to come from London to Sydney. They found me two one-way tickets with 3 luggages allowance for £1100 (aprox) I transferred the money and I got two tickets few days after. No trouble and no hassle, they are a serious organisation and they do all this generally to help emigrants in bad financial situation.
That doesn't strike me as that much of a bargain. Interested as to how you got three baggage allowances though.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That doesn't strike me as that much of a bargain. Interested as to how you got three baggage allowances though.
The cheapest fare we found one way was 820ish (each) with a cheap airline through flight centre. Our tickets were with British Airways via Bangkok, don't asks me why but we certainly got 3 pieces per passenger which I thing is the real value of the deal.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAR001
The cheapest fare we found one way was 820ish (each) with a cheap airline through flight centre. Our tickets were with British Airways via Bangkok, don't asks me why but we certainly got 3 pieces per passenger which I thing is the real value of the deal.
Ahh, that's different from how I read it first. I thought you meant baggage allowances for three people. It comes down to weight not number of pieces, you can have as many of those as you want. What weight allowance did you get?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Ahh, that's different from how I read it first. I thought you meant baggage allowances for three people. It comes down to weight not number of pieces, you can have as many of those as you want. What weight allowance did you get?
up to 23Kg each (max 32 paying a £40 penalty).
£90 the extra piece (just for the deals with 3 pieces allowance)

Regular fares pay a different fee (cheaper) for additional pieces.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

We have been quoted £615 for a one way flight and 40kg allowance each for adults and children. I think thats a fab quote. I just don't understand the no credit card thing - theres no comeback on the money if anything goes wrong....
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukjoiner
We have been quoted £615 for a one way flight and 40kg allowance each for adults and children. I think thats a fab quote. I just don't understand the no credit card thing - theres no comeback on the money if anything goes wrong....
Makes it cheaper for them cos they don't have to pay fees to the credit card companies. Thats why they can do it cheap, minimum of overheads. Likewise apparently they limit your choice as regards dates and airlines cos they will pick up the cheaper seats the airlines try to sell late to fill the flights.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Makes it cheaper for them cos they don't have to pay fees to the credit card companies. Thats why they can do it cheap, minimum of overheads. Likewise apparently they limit your choice as regards dates and airlines cos they will pick up the cheaper seats the airlines try to sell late to fill the flights.
Yes, that makes sense. Thanks for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.