concert

Old Dec 2nd 2002, 6:50 am
sydneyrose

Default concert

is it safe to go back in the water?

how were the Beatles PB

Old Dec 2nd 2002, 7:09 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: concert

Originally posted by sydneyrose
is it safe to go back in the water?

how were the Beatles PB

Not to bad but could have been better presented , saying that we had a good night out on the town , Subi is one of the best places to spent a night out in Perth in my humble opinion.
What have you been up to Rose ? I hope you not upset the good people on this forum thats my job.

Old Dec 2nd 2002, 7:22 am
sydneyrose

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Not to bad but could have been better presented , saying that we had a good night out on the town , Subi is one of the best places to spent a night out in Perth in my humble opinion.
What have you been up to Rose ? I hope you not upset the good people on this forum thats my job.

but I apologised for the takeover
you didn't

and some of your countrymen do not believe in multiculturalism on this forum

however
I was late in on the Beatles
they had moved from being the fab four to every mother's nightmare
George had met the maharishi and there was a psychedelic crazy flavour to their music
but their more moody repertoire I liked. still do.
the vietnam war was hotting up here and it was a bit of a change from the american protest genre
we were involved in vietnam. did you know that. many people don't

Old Dec 2nd 2002, 7:29 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

but I apologised for the takeover
you didn't

and some of your countrymen do not believe in multiculturalism on this forum

however
I was late in on the Beatles
they had moved from being the fab four to every mother's nightmare
George had met the maharishi and there was a psychedelic crazy flavour to their music
but their more moody repertoire I liked. still do.
the vietnam war was hotting up here and it was a bit of a change from the american protest genre
we were involved in vietnam. did you know that. many people don't

By the sound of it our ages are not that far apart although you are a mind of information, I take interest in most music ifs its done well .
This multiculturalism thing is what a lot of Poms are trying to escape , I fear that we Poms are becoming race haters they should be thankful an Aussie like yourself is looking about them.

Old Dec 2nd 2002, 7:41 am
sydneyrose

By the sound of it our ages are not that far apart although you are a mind of information, I take interest in most music ifs its done well .
This multiculturalism thing is what a lot of Poms are trying to escape , I fear that we Poms are becoming race haters they should be thankful an Aussie like yourself is looking about them.

no. I don't think you are race haters.
but you have certainly had some bad experiences
I witnessed an english race riot up close. worryingly close

you may not be seeing this in perth but here, who is holding hands with whom means the next generation will be substantially mixed race
I don't think pc is the issue but.... pragmatism.... acceptance...

Old Dec 2nd 2002, 10:43 pm
Banned

no. I don't think you are race haters.
but you have certainly had some bad experiences
I witnessed an english race riot up close. worryingly close

you may not be seeing this in perth but here, who is holding hands with whom means the next generation will be substantially mixed race
I don't think pc is the issue but.... pragmatism.... acceptance...
The UK tried multiculturalism long befor Australia , remember this country up until the 60s had a white only policy, multiculturalism has not worked in reguard that every race does not mix as Australia is now finding out it seems to fail in every place its tried.
I would like to see a none race person but we all look back at our roots and in most cases this keeps us apart , Asians and Muslims will not cross over the line and tend to look to their own, but I do find the rants against those of different believes a dead end no matter where they come from .
Keep up the good work Rose ', these good people need a shake up and I am sure you are as good at that as am I , a differant view point has to be welcome on a forum and yours is better than most.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 2nd 2002 at 10:46 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 6:14 am
sydneyrose

The UK tried multiculturalism long befor Australia , remember this country up until the 60s had a white only policy, multiculturalism has not worked in reguard that every race does not mix as Australia is now finding out it seems to fail in every place its tried.
I would like to see a none race person but we all look back at our roots and in most cases this keeps us apart , Asians and Muslims will not cross over the line and tend to look to their own, but I do find the rants against those of different believes a dead end no matter where they come from .
Keep up the good work Rose ', these good people need a shake up and I am sure you are as good at that as am I , a differant view point has to be welcome on a forum and yours is better than most.

no I don't think it was the same sort of migration, PB
correct me if I am wrong - I am sure you will - but didn't the uk get its old empire?
oz migration postwar started in 1948. boatloads of refugees basically
the ships brought in holocaust survivors, stateless people from camps, people who had fought with the allies, people who had fought with the germans. sometimes all on the same boat. Australians were basically told to accept this, because oz would not survive with a small population
It wasn't really about tolerance. I think there was a lot of friction at first and italians particularly got a bad time for some time
I grew up in western sudney years later but there was still a refugee camp not far away. the council was trying to shut it down but people did not want to leave - it was a sort of mental haven, if you know what I mean. I think by the time i was 10 I had an anecdotal grasp of european history from what I saw and heard around me. The 2 stories I remember most were the hungarian friend of my mother's who had to drug her children to get past Russian guards in the 1950s to get out of Hungary and the second was the mother of my friend who had been in auschwitz as a teenager and had nazi numbers on her wrists. It may seem callous but it didn't really affect me emotionally, but I knew it was wrong. It was vietnam and that group of refugees that I most emotionally engaged with.
I suppose the longwinded point I am making is that there was a very challenging european multiculture here first before the white australia policy was dropped in 1972 and a more diverse multiculture appeared as you see now.
i think the uk's experience of multiculture was different to this?

Old Dec 3rd 2002, 6:30 am
Banned

no I don't think it was the same sort of migration, PB
correct me if I am wrong - I am sure you will - but didn't the uk get its old empire?
The British have always welcomed refugees and members of the old Empire ,after the War labour was short on the ground so West Indians , Asians and anyone else from the Empire countries where encourged to settle in the UK.
Do not forget that we are a mixed race anyway a melting pot of different Europian races, that invaided or settled there.
The Europians have also made their UK home I have worked with more different races in UK than here, I read that one Estate in London there where 300 languages spoken a dumping ground for refugees.
We have friends who came here in the 60s that where not allowed to come until her baby was born and shown to the immigration , they think it was a case of spot the colour.
Most english people who come to Perth on Holiday remark about the lack of coloured people , some see this as a plus.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 3rd 2002 at 6:32 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 6:44 am
sydneyrose

The British have always welcomed refugees and members of the old Empire ,after the War labour was short on the ground so West Indians , Asians and anyone else from the Empire countries where encourged to settle in the UK.
Do not forget that we are a mixed race anyway a melting pot of different Europian races, that invaided or settled there.
The Europians have also made their UK home I have worked with more different races in UK than here, I read that one Estate in London there where 300 languages spoken a dumping ground for refugees.
We have friends who came here in the 60s that where not allowed to come until her baby was born and shown to the immigration , they think it was a case of spot the colour.
Most english people who come to Perth on Holiday remark about the lack of coloured people , some see this as a plus.

yes i have heard similar stories to that about the white australia policy. very ugly indeed.
i don't know if you have spent time in sydney but the migration to the 3 "migrant" cities - perth sydney and melbourne is ethnically different. I think they are all about 35% migrant but perth is more english, sydney is more asian/middle east.
in a way it was my generation who felt we had to try harder to overcome the legacy of the white australia policy. probably why i am rather reactive when posters make negative comments about oz society. i shall try and be better behaved.
or walk the dogs. husband is walking them today so better behaved it has to be.

Old Dec 3rd 2002, 6:55 am
Banned

yes i have heard similar stories to that about the white australia policy. very ugly indeed.
i don't know if you have spent time in sydney but the migration to the 3 "migrant" cities - perth sydney and melbourne is ethnically different. I think they are all about 35% migrant but perth is more english, sydney is more asian/middle east.
in a way it was my generation who felt we had to try harder to overcome the legacy of the white australia policy. probably why i am rather reactive when posters make negative comments about oz society. i shall try and be better behaved.
or walk the dogs. husband is walking them today so better behaved it has to be.
Australia is still made up of 55% British or people of British decent , this is something that will not change over night but having seen hows its gone in the UK a slow change is far better .
America has big problems with their mix and UK is not far behind , the hard thing to to get people to except each other not always possible.