Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Computer problem

Computer problem

Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Computer problem

We are in the process of having a computer built to our specifications and a thought had occured to me.
I know that there are sometimes problems with Uk televisions, something to do with Australia having a different system to ours.
Will this problem also affect a TV/FM Radio card on the comp??
The model I was hoping to install is a
'Compro VideoMate TV Gold Plus 2, TV/FM Radio Card' Any advise would be most welcome.
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Computer problem

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
We are in the process of having a computer built to our specifications and a thought had occured to me.
I know that there are sometimes problems with Uk televisions, something to do with Australia having a different system to ours.
'Compro VideoMate TV Gold Plus 2, TV/FM Radio Card' Any advise would be most welcome.
Regards Chris and Andrea
Not sure if the card would work here, we also use PAL, but you might want to hang fire and get a high definition digital terrestrial tv card when you move over:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showforum=9

Papa Z
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:45 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Computer problem

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
Regards Chris and Andrea
You need to make sure that the card can handle Australia's PAL B/G broadcasts as well as the UK's PAL I.

Cheers

GLR