Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

complicated meds. argh!!

complicated meds. argh!!

Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Question complicated meds. argh!!

My hubbie, 4 month old and myself all live in northants but he has 2 children that live in Hartlepool. the 11 year old will need an xray and they just told me on the phone that the xray needs doing a week before the meds. The problem is that we dont trust the ex to take him for the xray which means we are now going to have to make 2x 8hr round trips up to hartlepool. The only way we can think of doing it is .... my husband is working up that way next week so could he take his son to get chest xray and we have our xrays down here then 3 weeks later all go for our meds together up there?

I suppose what i really need to know is is it ok to get the xrays done in two seperate places and also is 3 weeks too long a gap between xrays and meds?

Please someone help my frazzled brain!! :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: complicated meds. argh!!

Originally Posted by thebardies
My hubbie, 4 month old and myself all live in northants but he has 2 children that live in Hartlepool. the 11 year old will need an xray and they just told me on the phone that the xray needs doing a week before the meds. The problem is that we dont trust the ex to take him for the xray which means we are now going to have to make 2x 8hr round trips up to hartlepool. The only way we can think of doing it is .... my husband is working up that way next week so could he take his son to get chest xray and we have our xrays down here then 3 weeks later all go for our meds together up there?

I suppose what i really need to know is is it ok to get the xrays done in two seperate places and also is 3 weeks too long a gap between xrays and meds?

Please someone help my frazzled brain!! :scared: :scared:

As long as they are done by a panel doctor then I can't see that it matters they aren't done together. The only problem I can see is that you may have to validate within 12 months of the earliest one that is done.

I presume that it's because they are fully booked that they can't get you in on the same day?. Can you not re-arrange the appointments to all be done at the same time to save you travelling all that way more than once?. That's what we did, we could have had our meds three weeks earlier had we wanted to go on two different days.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
As long as they are done by a panel doctor then I can't see that it matters they aren't done together. The only problem I can see is that you may have to validate within 12 months of the earliest one that is done.

I presume that it's because they are fully booked that they can't get you in on the same day?. Can you not re-arrange the appointments to all be done at the same time to save you travelling all that way more than once?. That's what we did, we could have had our meds three weeks earlier had we wanted to go on two different days.
Hii, no its because the xray dept in Middlesborough insist that we have to have one week between having the xrays and the meds. in northampton we could have them done the same day but that would mean driving to Hartlepool to collect the children, bringing them back here then taking them back then driving back here again!!

Anyway i have now arranged for hubbie and son to have xrays up there next week (hubbie working 20mins away from hartlepool next week)and i will have mine done here, then we will all go up there for a day and get meds done. that way it is only one return journey.

They could have come here for the week and got it all done then but it would cost 700 pounds in northampton just for meds plus 85 for each xray!!!! :scared:

Up there it is 50 pound an xray plus 455 for the meds. worth the petrol money i think!!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies
Hii, no its because the xray dept in Middlesborough insist that we have to have one week between having the xrays and the meds. in northampton we could have them done the same day but that would mean driving to Hartlepool to collect the children, bringing them back here then taking them back then driving back here again!!

Anyway i have now arranged for hubbie and son to have xrays up there next week (hubbie working 20mins away from hartlepool next week)and i will have mine done here, then we will all go up there for a day and get meds done. that way it is only one return journey.

They could have come here for the week and got it all done then but it would cost 700 pounds in northampton just for meds plus 85 for each xray!!!! :scared:

Up there it is 50 pound an xray plus 455 for the meds. worth the petrol money i think!!
Crikey, I can't believe the x-rays have to be done a week before the meds The hospital we had ours done at had them ready within 15 minutes.

Ah well, you seem to have it sorted. Good luck with them and don't worry they aren't that bad