Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Completing TRA Assessment

Completing TRA Assessment

Old Feb 27th 2005, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Adam and Rachael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Completing TRA Assessment

Has anybody got any advice on how to fill in TRA Assessment. My husband is a sheet metal worker and we are about to start the assessment. We are hoping to go to Adelaide but don't want to mess up assessment form. Help!
Old Feb 27th 2005, 4:55 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Completing TRA Assessment

Originally Posted by Adam and Rachael
Has anybody got any advice on how to fill in TRA Assessment. My husband is a sheet metal worker and we are about to start the assessment. We are hoping to go to Adelaide but don't want to mess up assessment form. Help!
Hi Adam and Rachael

You would be better posting this on the immigration forum, you will get more advice there and i know there are sheet metal workers who have applied.

Also if you are really stuck and have a complicated case sign up with an agent who will advise you what to do. Make sure they are MARA registered though.

Good luck
Old Feb 27th 2005, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Put every thing you can down on the forms, you can not have enough information on them, from when you started the job to what tools you used to how the tools were used( every thing counts no matter how silly it may seem to yourself) :scared: I do stress that every detail counts but it is not as daunting as it may seem at first. Good luck with the application
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:17 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

It is quite straight forward if you can trace your work training and history.
Read all the TRA paper work and go OTT with info on your training, work etc.
get letters from everone you have delt with college etc.
Simply read and follow the info on the TRA web site and it should be fine.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Paul the spark is on a distinguished road

We have recently submitted ours and used agents simply because we wanted to be sure to get it right. Paul is a self epmloyed electrician and has covered many areas of electrical work in his time. Our application read like a manual 'first I would do this the I would use this tool to do that'. Felt like we were going on and on but agents said it was ok.

If you have always been employed rather that self employed the process is easier but if you feel you need help our agents have been really good. AMA could give you the details if you want.

Also, Adelaidebrits web site worth a look if want to settle there.

Jo
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

The Clampets is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Adam and Rachael,
Without being too specific, I'm a carpenter by trade WITHOUT city and guilds, The route that i went was every single relevant employer I had worked for, I contacted and asked for a brief but detailed reference, This covering my career of 22 years added up to about 40 pages of CV/ references, included with this, a statuatory self declaration ( again about 6 pages long), and up to date refences from my most recent employer was sent, 11 weeks later I was lucky enough to get the pass from Canberra, So in brief i would say to be precise, to the point, and be very specific about dates and your traing and expeience.
Hope this isn't too confusing, Ian and Becky (cornwall, The clampets)
Old Feb 27th 2005, 10:24 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paul the spark
We have recently submitted ours and used agents simply because we wanted to be sure to get it right. Paul is a self epmloyed electrician and has covered many areas of electrical work in his time. Our application read like a manual 'first I would do this the I would use this tool to do that'. Felt like we were going on and on but agents said it was ok.

If you have always been employed rather that self employed the process is easier but if you feel you need help our agents have been really good. AMA could give you the details if you want.

Also, Adelaidebrits web site worth a look if want to settle there.

Jo
Hi there

We're in the process of getting all our references together (my hubby's a brickie) and we too are using AMA. Found them to be very helpful and reassuring when the panic sets in!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Completing TRA Assessment

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hi there

We're in the process of getting all our references together (my hubby's a brickie) and we too are using AMA. Found them to be very helpful and reassuring when the panic sets in!
Good luck keep us posted.

Jo and Paul
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:59 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck keep us posted.

Jo and Paul
Thanks! We will.
Just waiting for a couple more references then hopefully will be able to post it to AMA by the end of the week. Also ordered foreign draft and that wil be here on Friday too.

Where are you in the process?
Sally
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SalSa
Thanks! We will.
Just waiting for a couple more references then hopefully will be able to post it to AMA by the end of the week. Also ordered foreign draft and that wil be here on Friday too.

Where are you in the process?
Sally
Our application was posted on 17/2/05 so there are only days between us. Are you paying for the fast track $500 ? We did but looking at the site it seems as though they are all coming in at around the 3 month mark.

Will keep you updated.

Jo
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 3:27 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

It's worth paying the fast track, normally fast track is 3 months (although seems to be quicker lately!) and "normal" about 6 months+

good luck!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Re: Completing TRA Assessment

Our application was posted on 17/2/05 so there are only days between us. Are you paying for the fast track $500 ? We did but looking at the site it seems as though they are all coming in at around the 3 month mark.

Will keep you updated.

Jo
Hi

we have this week received the tra requests from our agent

helppppppppppppp there is so much involved we are applying as a skilled independant electrician going to perth.

he has only worked for 2 companys the first being where he did his appreticeship have contacted them but are not returning my phone calls the other company we have got to track down, in the worst case what if we had to stat dec both of these companys do you think it will go against us he has run his own business for the last 12 years so we can provide this info, i am feeling very down as i am scared we wont be able to get all this info.

how long approx has anyone spent getting all their info together

Right i feel better now after getting that off my mind

as always i am sure that someone will have some info

many thanks

sue and mick
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi there

We are going through an agent. We were guided through the TRA experience by them. They told us exactly what we needed and we just had to do the phoning around and chasing for all that was required.

They gave us a target of 1 month to acquire all that was needed but I think it took nearly 2 months! Of course we half expected something to be changed or something extra needed but it wasn't thank goodness.

We were told to wait 3 to 4 months for their response, it took 2.5 months to get a YES!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:22 pm
Love it here!

Will keep you updated.

Jo
Yes we are going fast track (hope it is fast!). The foreign draft I'm collecting tomorrow is for the $500. What's the next stage?!

Sally
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Hi Adam and Rachael I am a hairdresser and have just got all my tra stuff together it seems quite daunting. I have sent it to our agents hoping i haven,t forgotten something.Really all they want is proof, that you are ,actually what you say you are. I have been hairdressing for 20 years and find myself doubting my skills , well we shall see.By the way we are haeding for Adelaide i have tried the Adelaidebrits site but can,t seem to get on it right,. maybe you will have better luck. Good luck with the tra (one thing i know it is not as bad as applying for a mortgage here if you are selfemployed)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.