Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Completing Full A Grade License.

Completing Full A Grade License.

Old May 9th 2013, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Ala_McC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Completing Full A Grade License.

Hi I have arrived into Perth as a time served electrician from England. I have applied for a provisional license and I am waiting for this to arrive. I have looked for companies to aid in completing the evidence side of the A grade qualification but cant find any. Its getting frustrating as there are plenty of jobs for A grade electricians but it seems nigh on impossible to achieve. Am I being stupid? I don't know, can anybody offer some help please?

Kind regards,

Alastair.
Old May 10th 2013, 1:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Completing Full A Grade License.

Originally Posted by Ala_McC
Hi I have arrived into Perth as a time served electrician from England. I have applied for a provisional license and I am waiting for this to arrive. I have looked for companies to aid in completing the evidence side of the A grade qualification but cant find any. Its getting frustrating as there are plenty of jobs for A grade electricians but it seems nigh on impossible to achieve. Am I being stupid? I don't know, can anybody offer some help please?

Kind regards,

Alastair.
Hi Alastair,

I'm in Adelaide trying the same thing

The advice I have been given is that I need to do gap training (but I'm working with Skilled migrant services in Adelaide so should be free ) and obviously the log book. You can try recruitment agencies, searches for trade assistant / apprentice roles as they are more likely to take you on, and approach companies direct. If you have found an RTO to do your gap training, try asking the course tutors and other sparkies who they know that might help, and if Perth has any skilled migrant services - ask there too.

But I get the frustration and there's not a lot you can do other than persevere and have a bit of patience.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on
Old May 10th 2013, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Completing Full A Grade License.

Hey Alastair,

I stumbled upon this site the other day, not sure if they are exactly what you are looking for and it does say it's QLD only but worth dropping them an email and seeing what they say. They could just point you in the right direction

http://www.qet.edu.au/

They really don't make it easy.

Hope this is some help.