Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

COMPLETELY STRESSED OUT!!

COMPLETELY STRESSED OUT!!

Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all
Default COMPLETELY STRESSED OUT!!

Myself and my OH were supposed to be moving to Perth in Feb, after 18 months of planning, then 2 weeks later, then another 2 weeks later, then end of March.

Just found out his company have said that they will finally have it all sorted by mid April but they will very kindly **uh huh** give us about 48hours notice for flights!!!!!

We have to be out of our house at the end of this month and I finish work in 3 days!!!

WHY IS THIS ALL SOOOOOO STRESSFUL??? ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH

Im off for a cry now to try and put things in perspective!:
Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default Re: COMPLETELY STRESSED OUT!!

Originally Posted by Elmo2552

Myself and my OH were supposed to be moving to Perth in Feb, after 18 months of planning, then 2 weeks later, then another 2 weeks later, then end of March.

Just found out his company have said that they will finally have it all sorted by mid April but they will very kindly **uh huh** give us about 48hours notice for flights!!!!!

We have to be out of our house at the end of this month and I finish work in 3 days!!!

WHY IS THIS ALL SOOOOOO STRESSFUL??? ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH

Im off for a cry now to try and put things in perspective!:
This is terrible I really feel for you.

But a lot of people on this site have move to Oz with no job and spent lots of stress and money sorting things out.
Some even have had to return as they couldn't find work.

So hang in at least your hubby has a job and everythig will be fine.
can you not have a word with your boss to see if you could stay a little longer? But then again it will be Mid April soon so its not too far away.

Can you not afford to go on little holiday?
Hope this helps?
Good luck
Julie
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Well if the company has caused the delay you should suggest to them that if you have to move into rental accomodation when you have to leave the house that they will have to pay for it. That should get things moving quick
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all

Thanks for your kind words Julie,

I know I am blowing everything out of proportion but I can't help it!! It just seems like nothing is ever easy and now we are starting to say all our goodbyes and Im also wondering if Im doing the right thing!

We have firends we can stay with for a couple of weeks but with so much going on just feels like another unnecessary move!

Just need to vent my frustrations!!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Elmo2552
Thanks for your kind words Julie,

I know I am blowing everything out of proportion but I can't help it!! It just seems like nothing is ever easy and now we are starting to say all our goodbyes and Im also wondering if Im doing the right thing!

We have firends we can stay with for a couple of weeks but with so much going on just feels like another unnecessary move!

Just need to vent my frustrations!!
If you don't do it you will never no. Everyone gets a little scared we are only human. Look at the positive things Your hubby has a job lined up ( thats a big major plus)
You are going Mid April so lots to look forward to.

But you vent a away thats whats this site all about.

Just remember the good things will out way the negative things in all this.
When your on the plane with your glass of wine you will wonder why you got so upset about this . And plan a big party for all your family and friends. take your mind off it for a while.

Good luck
Julie